Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment? The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom bank” is the place for those looking to new horizons and add value to their career.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented senior HR professional to join the team as a HR Services Hub Lead. We are scaling up our HR services delivery model to provide distinctive employee experience as well as achieve operational excellence in HR services. If you find great fulfillment in building relationships with key stakeholders and are not simply a strategist but a doer who is hands on, with great follow through for key assignments and committed to see things to completion, then this could be your next career move.
To be successful in this role you will be results oriented, have a passion for improving people processes, operational efficiencies and providing outstanding customer service. We are a fast paced environment and the successful candidate will need to have the ability to solve problems, execute quickly and successfully leading and manage team leaders and teams.
Reporting to the HR Director, the role-holder is expected to use their knowledge and experience of HR operations and processes to build the HR Services hub focusing on providing exceptional HR service delivery.
- Provide strategic leadership and administration for employee total rewards and propose innovative strategic initiatives in employee compensation and benefits and other related HR services.
- Lead strategic initiatives designed to ensure long-term process improvement, cost reductions, and increased efficiencies.
- Oversee the establishment of key Service Level Agreements, quality targets and Key Performance Indicators. Understand varying business needs and priorities; align HR operation priorities and ensure stakeholder expectations are met.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and related key departments on total rewards design, performance, employee experience improvements and operational excellence including quality assurance
- Lead the research, preparation, modeling and communication of annual HR services hub plans, analyze projections and monitor expenditures before final approval by senior management.
- Keep abreast of current and developing trends related to HR Shared services hubs in order to continuously improve and provide subject matter expertise
- Direct staff communications and education campaigns related to benefits with a view to improving employee experience, operational efficiencies and implement opportunities for cost savings.
- Oversee the compensation administration and the benefits administration functions to ensure proper bench marking, research and market competitiveness on the HR hub services offered by the bank
- Drive operational performance and service excellence within the HR Shared Service team and monitor performance of the team against performance/quality standards defined.
- Provide support and guidance to HRBPs, HR Specialist functional areas, managers and employees on internal procedures and process related to the different HR services and processes. Work with business leaders and HR Leads to utilize the HR service delivery capabilities at their fullest potential
- Partner with other HR areas to promote education efforts that drive employees and managers to fully utilize available systems and tools as well as support in driving compliance to the relevant employment regulations, legislation and bank policy requirements
- Drives optimization of HR technology and processes and ensures that we simplify and create exceptional customer experience in all tasks undertaken in HR Services Hub.
- Provides active leadership, strategic direction and the day to day guidance, coaching and mentoring to team of HR Services Hub Team leaders and team members
- Lead alignment between IT, Finance, HR Shared Services in order to drive optimization of available and planned HR systems and technologies
- Contributes to the strategic direction of Human Resources through active participation on the HR operations special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, HR or related field required. A HR certification is preferred
- 7-10 years professional work experience in human resources and a minimum of 3 years management experience, with direct leadership of benefits and compensation and/or HR technology. total rewards administration with demonstrated performance in benefits and compensation
- Strategic mindset with the ability to be a hands-on team player and solid leadership and change management skills.
- Professional maturity and the ability to work under general supervision to organize and prioritize work, with high level of accuracy, and handle highly confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability in handling highly sensitive and confidential matters effectively and discreetly.
- Lean process oriented, with the ability to drive efficiency and scale without jeopardizing the employee experience.
- Collaborative decision-making skills and ability to work cooperatively with others both within the HR functional areas and HRBPs as well as other stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Experience and knowledge in one-on-one coaching and group conflict resolution, effective negotiation and operational processes and quality assurance exposure
- Proven leadership and experience managing effective relationships and communicating with management at all levels.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable employment and labor laws as well as other relevant compliance requirements
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure; manage a high volume of workflow and prioritize tasks according to business needs
- Ability to assess and analyze information and exercise sound judgment. Exposure to data-driven HR and data analytics is encouraged
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills with demonstrated ability to lead in a collaborative environment, build consensus and promote the exchange of information among team members.
- Excellent written, oral, presentation, facilitation, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
How to Apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to enhance value to your career then please forward your application letter enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number HRSH/HRD/2018 by 13th November 2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer.