SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an affiliate of SOS CV- International whose mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities. In Kenya, the organization runs five Children’s Villages in Nairobi, Mombasa, Eldoret, Meru and Kisumu. SOS Children’s Villages Kenya also runs education and health institutions and works with local communities through Families Strengthening Programs.
We seek to recruit a suitably qualified person to become an HTS Counsellor for SOS CV Kenya, Medical Centre based in Nairobi.
The HTS Counsellor will undertake various duties which include and are not limited to the following:-
- Management of the Voluntary Counselling & Testing Centre
- Carry out Voluntary Counselling and Testing Services
- Ensure that all records are stored securely; maintain an excellent filing system in form of hard copies as well as in the computers.
- Attend bi-monthly supervision conducted within the VCT or in collaboration with the networking partners; coordinated and approval of the Head of VCT team.
- Facilitate Open communications within the VCT and other departments
- Establish links and develop networks with NGOs, CBOs, Donors GOK Departments and Community
- Monitoring and Evaluation of the Program
- Ensure proper documentation of client records, registers and reports.
- Compile and submit monthly reports on Psychosocial Support services and Patient tracking activities.
- Diploma in Counselling.
- Must be computer literate.
- At least 2 years’ experience in active adherence counselling..
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Good organizational, managerial, planning, reporting skills and counselling skills.
- A good understanding of issues facing orphans & vulnerable children.
How to Apply
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application letter(stating current and expected pay) & updated CV(with details of at least 3 referees one of which must be immediate former employer) addressed to the National Director to reach us on or before 1st March 2019 by email to: email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted