Human Resource Jobs, Protection Officer Jobs, NGO Jobs, Windle International Jobs
Windle International – Kenya (WIK), a member of Windle International, is a humanitarian education organization providing education to refugees and needy Kenyans. WIK was founded in 1977 with the belief that good education was essential if Africa was to meet the challenges it faced.
WIK is determined to take all necessary steps to manage, minimize and protect children from any deliberate or unintended actions that place them at risk of child abuse, sexual exploitation, injury, discrimination and any other harm. WIK advocates zero tolerance of child abuse.
WIK is committed to doing whatever is possible to protect children against abuse and sexual exploitation.
Purpose of the Position
The HR Protection Officer has the responsibility to initiate, oversee and support the implementation of Child Protection strategies and activities in Windle International Kenya operational areas.
HR-PO will be accountable for the professional technical contribution to project design, planning, administration, monitoring and evaluation of Child Protection Programme activities, data analysis and progress reporting, and commitment for enhancement of teamwork and capacity building.
- Confidential information management
- Leadership on the development of child protection delivery strategy
- Implementation of child protection policies
- Risk management in child protection
- Capacity building of staff, beneficiaries and stakeholders
- Promotion of Effective Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Knowledge sharing & networking
- Child Protection & Case Management
- Child protection documentation and reports
- Working with communities on child protection
- University degree in Human Resource, social sciences, law or child development, Community Development or any other closely related field. A higher qualification would be an advantage.
- At least three years of relevant professional and field work experience.
- Evidence based direct dealings with child protection procedures from identification to best interest determinations, case management, child community interventions, and partnership dealings.
- Clear understanding of child protection issues
- Ability to keep up to date with new forms of issues that impact child protection
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts o Use of data indicators in child protection
- Knowledge of Kenyan Laws on child protection
- Demonstrated ability to uphold a high level of confidentiality 2
- Excellent communication skills in English and Kiswahili are essential
- Mastery of office software (MS Word, Excel, and Power Point) and HRIS.
- Knowledge of global child protection and human rights issues specifically relating to children and women
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your résumé with a cover letter quoting (Human Resource – Protection Officer) and reference number on the subject line of your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5.00pm Tuesday 23rd April 2019.
All application documents MUST be submitted as one continuous document in either PDF or Ms. Word format and documents clearly bear the applicant’s names.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Windle International Kenya’s selection processes reflect our commitment to a diverse and inclusive environment.