Human Resource Officer Jobs, Administration Jobs, HR Jobs, EPZA Jobs
Export Processing Zones Authority(EPZA) is a State Corporation established by the Government of Kenya through an Act of Parliament – the Export Processing Zones Act (Cap 517 of the Laws of Kenya) for the promotion and facilitation of export oriented investment and for the development of an enabling environment for such investments.
Pursuant to this objective, the Authority is seeking to recruit highly motivated visionary, dynamic and results-oriented candidates to replace the undermentioned position:
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Grade: EPZA 7
Ministry /Corporation: Export Processing Zones Authority
Directorate: Finance, Human Resource and Administration
Department: Human Resource
Section / Unit:
Location / Work station: EPZA Headquarters
Reports to: Senior Human Resource Officer
Direct reports: Human Resource Assistant
The jobholder will be responsible of processing payroll, implementation of the EPZA welfare scheme and coordinating the utilization of the HR Information system for accuracy and timeliness of employees’ compensation and benefits. This position shall also implement the Medical, WIBA, GPA and GLC Schemes.
- Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Participate in development of the Section’s Work plan
- Prepare quarterly sectional reports
- Participate in departmental meetings
- Participate in committee meetings where necessary
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Implements the EPZA medical scheme, processing all medical claims and ensuring
that cover limits are not exceeded, while communicating to staff on any changes
relating to the medial provisions
- Administer the company GPA and Group Life covers, to ensure that staff and their
families are compensated in cases of injury or death
- Ensuring adequate availability of drinking water, conducive working environment.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with OSHA
- Process payroll, answer payroll questions and facilitate resolutions to any payroll
errors and ensure remittance and returns of all statutory deductions
- Assist in providing professional counselling services to EPZA staff where necessary and liaise with government and professional bodies to promote mental, physical and emotional health of staff
- Prepares documentation for compensation of all work injury benefits (WIBA) and GPA cases
- Assist in preparing and submitting quarterly reports on Union and welfare management, gender, disability, HIV/Aids, Alcohol and Drug Abuse
- Record occupational hazards and incidences, accidents at the workplace and assist in ensuring their closure through corrective action arising from incidents, accidents, investigations and hazard reports.
- Financial Responsibility:
- Recommend loans for staff from SACCO, Banks and other financial institutions
Responsibility for Physical Assets:
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution;
- Decision Making:
- Vets the Staff financial capability in servicing loans
- Working conditions:
- Work predominantly within the office
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Human Resource Management
or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; and will work under
supervision of a senior officer
- Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Membership to a relevant professional body;
- Certificate in computer proficiency from a recognized institution; and
- Meets the provision of chapter six of the Constitution.
- Previous relevant work experience required.
- Served in the grade of Senior Human Resource Assistant or equivalent position for at
least three (3) years in the public service or in a reputable organization
Functional Skills: Behavioral Competencies/Attributes
- Knowledge of labor laws
- Analytical skills
- Numeracy skills
- Attention to detail
- Organized and accurate
- Dependable and able to respond to management direction
- Employee relations
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Excellent Microsoft office skills
How to Apply
Shortlisted candidates for interviews must fulfil the following requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
- Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence and can access the detailed job description and the Job Application Form (to be downloaded from the “careers” section at www.epzakenya.com) and send to epza.job firstname.lastname@example.org attaching copies of certificates, relevant testimonial and National ID.
All applications should be sent online in pdf format and should be received not later than 18th November 2019 at midnight East Africa time.
Export Processing Zones Authority is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The job description and Specifications for the advertised positions and the Job application form may be found on our website www.epzakenya.com