Human Resources Manager Jobs, HR Jobs, Kenyatta University Jobs
Reporting to the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration), the Human Resource Manager will plan, direct, and coordinate human resource management functions of the University to maximize the strategic use of human capital.
- Develop proposals and provide technical guidance on Human Resource policies and strategies for the university within the framework of Industrial and Labor Laws of Kenya.
- Regularly review the staff establishment and submit recommendations on necessary adjustments.
- Perform annual Human Resource audits and submit reports to the University Management Board.
- Develop and oversee implementation of a comprehensive framework for effective succession management in the University.
- Conduct performance appraisal to establish skills gaps and provide relevant training in the department among members of staff in the university.
- Prepare notices and advertisements for vacant positions to assist in the attraction of competent candidates for enhanced service delivery.
- Develop human resource work plans, budgets and procurement plans to ensure continuous provision of services and ensure staff have the requisite tools and equipment to perform their tasks
- Oversee the evaluation, classification and rating of occupation and job positions in the University to ensure proper placement and compensation
- Oversee the welfare of the staff through medical services, provision of logistical support in cases of bereavement of staff or dependents and provision of relevant insurance cover.
- Ensure adherence to OSHA and WIBA regulations.
- Provide and coordinate training opportunities for staff and career development.
- Masters’ Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or any other relevant qualification from a registered and recognized institution or HND in Human Resource Management
- Bachelors’ Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or any other relevant registered and recognized institution
- At least five years’ working experience as a Human Resource Manager in a reputable organization.
- Registered member of IHRM
- Knowledge of the relevant legislations
- Knowledge of professional standards
Additional Skills / Requirements:
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must pass the integrity test as required by Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya
Terms of Service
The terms for the above position includes a two (2) year performance based renewable contract, a generous medical scheme, house allowance and commuting allowance.
How to Apply
The applicants should provide full details of educational and professional qualification, work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address.
Copies of certificates and testimonials should also be enclosed giving the names and addresses of three (3) referees who are conversant with the applicant’s competence in area of specialization.
Applicants and Referees should write directly to:
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration)
P.O. BOX 43844 – 00100
Applications and letters from the referees should be received not later than, 16th July, 2019
Kenyatta University is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only successful candidates will be contacted