ICT Officers Jobs, Computer Science Jobs, ICT Jobs, Mount Kenya University Jobs
Nairobi & Nakuru Campus
Mount Kenya University (MKU) is a fully fledged chartered university committed to a broad-based, holistic and inclusive system of education. We are seeking to recruit competent, dynamic and ambitious professionals to fill up the following vacant position:
The post holder will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining the computer systems and networks in the Campus.
The summary duties include but shall not be limited to;
- Performing systems administration functions across servers and desktops.
- Be in charge of all the computer labs at the Campus.
- Maintaining the Campus Network
- Providing technical support and routine/ad-hock maintenance of computer hardware and Software systems at the Campus.
- Maintaining systems backup, security and contingency plans to ensure continuity.
- Playing an active role to ensure successful implementation of ICT projects
- Advising on computer systems procurement.
- Conducting hardware and software installation.
- To appropriately execute any other duties as directed by the Campus Director and/or the Registrar, Finance, Administration and Planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Communication Technology or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- ICT Certification in Security/Networking (Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle).
- 2 years’ experience as an ICT Officer or a similar position.
- Uphold sound work ethics and be highly disciplined.
- Possessing tenacious attitude, friendly, honest, trustworthy, respectful and flexible.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, independently or as part of a team.
How to Apply
Each application should be accompanied with an up to date and detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Applications should be addressed to;
The Human Resource Director,
Mount Kenya University,
Main Campus, General Kago Road,
P.O. Box 342-01000.
Applications should be clearly marked for the position applied for.
Electronic applications can be sent in PDF format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be submitted on or before 15th July, 2019.
Terms of service are provided for as per Mount Kenya University scheme of service
Mount Kenya University is an equal opportunity employer:
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.