Ref. No. IRS/301/122018
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Develop an ICT strategy for the programme.
- Design and implement ICT research, product development and innovation in support of key priority sectors of the programme.
- Responsible for supporting digital efforts including emerging areas like artificial intelligence and big data analytics, internet of things and other internet applications.
- Integrate ICT tools to increase access to and improve the quality of training programmes.
- Develop ICT systems to facilitate management and reporting of Programme activities at the RCU and partner institutions.
- Build ICT capacity of partner institutions. Conduct outreach to RCU’s internal and external clients.
- Organizing and sharing digital knowledge and experience, contributing to the design of digital activities for RCU.
- Advice on and assist in procurement of new RCU ICT systems and equipment.
- Maintain currency of business systems, documentation, website and other information portals.
- Masters degree in computer science, engineering or related field. PhD in the relevant field will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in relevant field.
- ICT research and/or software development.
- Design of knowledge management systems
- Web design and development is an added advantage.
This position reports to the RCU Manager.
The selected candidate should be available to start as soon as possible.
How To Apply
Applications will be accepted up to 28th February 2019. Shortlisting is ongoing. Interested applicants should submit:
(a) a confidential cover letter;
(b) detailed CV with names and addresses of 3 referees (including e-mail addresses, fax numbers); and
(c) a statement illustrating suitability against the listed qualifications/competencies/ abilities, and skills.
Candidates are required to apply online through: http://recruit.icipe.org
icipe is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equity, teamwork, and respect for diversity.