ICT Supervisors Jobs, ICT Jobs, Computer Science Jobs, KNBS Jobs
No. of Posts: 2, 700 (To be distributed in all counties)
Terms of Employment: Fixed term contract for a period of 30 days
Gross Remuneration: Ksh.3, 000 per day- Total Kshs.90, 000 (Taxable)
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics (KNBS) is a State Corporation established under the Statistics Act (2006). It is the Principal Government Agency responsible for the collection, compilation, analysis, publication and dissemination of official statistical information and its custody.
It also oversees the coordination, supervision and development of programmes within the National Statistical System.
The Government of Kenya through KNBS will be conducting the 2019 Kenya Population and Housing Census in August, 2019 and wishes to invite applications from qualified individuals to fill the following Temporary Position:
Reporting to the County Statistics Officer (CSO), the job holder will be responsible for undertaking census activities before, during and after enumeration exercise.
- Training Content Supervisors and ensuring that Enumerators are adequately trained;
- Working with the Content Supervisors to ensure that the census enumeration starts at the agreed time in the assigned supervision areas;
- Carrying extra census equipment/materials to be given to the Content Supervisors in case of emergencies;
- Providing technical support on ICT issues to Content Supervisors and Enumerators in their area of supervision;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the CSO.
- Must be a Kenyan Citizen, eighteen (18) years and above;
- Must be a resident of the Sub-county where they will be assigned to work;
- Must have at least a Diploma certificate in Information Communication Technology or any other relevant qualification related to Information Technology (IT) from a recognised Institution;
- Must have good communication skills;
- Must have good leadership skills
- Must be available for an uninterruptible period of at least twenty-three (23) days from 12th August to 2nd September, 2019.
How to Apply
All applicants are required to write a cover letter addressed to relevant “County Statistics Officer” indicating clearly the position being applied for (stating the reference number) and details of ID Number, Academic qualification, County, Sub-County, Division, Location, Sub-Location, and Village/Estate of residence.
Attach copies of National Identity card, Academic certificates and other relevant certificates. Each of the applicants must have either an active
Bank Account or a Telephone Number registered in his/her name through which payment will be made at the end of the exercise. (Taxation in accordance with prevailing tax regulations shall apply in every payment).
For all cadres of personnel, applications should be submitted by 24th June 2019 in the following offices;
- ICT Supervisors: To be submitted to the respective County Statistics Offices;
- Content Supervisors: To be submitted to the Chiefs’ office;
- Enumerators: To be submitted to the Assistant Chiefs’ office.
All applicants upon submission of applications should register their details on the Applicant’s Summary Form and on the Register and are advised to take note of the serial number for any future reference.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews for all the positions will be conducted from 5th to 14th July 2019.
NOTE: There is no online submission of the applications and no payments should be made when applying for any of the census positions.