Sous Chef Job at Impala Club
Impala Club Kenya is a Private Members Club that is sports oriented.
Impala Club wishes to fill the position of Sous Chef with the following description.
- Diploma in Culinary Arts/Certification in Food and Beverage production or similar qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Hospitality related field would be an added advantage
- Management and Supervisory skills
- HACCP training would be an added advantage
- Over 3 years’ experience in supervision in hospitality industry
- Preparation before work (Mis-en-Place)
- Setting up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Preparation of ingredients to use in cooking meals.
- Cooking food as per the orders received and menu
- Receiving, clarifying and reading the orders to ensure order is prepared as per the requirements.
- Ensuring great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served and dispatching then to the Service Staff.
- Ensuring the work area and equipment are clean and orderly for health preparation of food.
- Acting as a reliever to the chef including allocation of duties to stewards/casuals.
- Monitoring stock and place orders when there are shortages.
- Ensuring the gas is off while not in use to reduce wastage and for safety.
- Ensuring one reports to work on the assigned time.
- Maintaining a high level of food quality and production with the aim of exceeding guest’s expectations.
- Guiding the cooks and other kitchen staff on preparation and presentation of meals.
- Ensuring the security of all foods and equipment by maintaining procedures laid down by the Health and Safety Policy.
- Training of the kitchen staff and the service department on new menus
- Allocating duties and supervising the kitchen staff
- Handling complains that may be raised by the Member/Guests
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
How to Apply
If you believe you have what it takes to handle this challenging position, kindly and urgently apply via email to email@example.com
When applying, kindly remember to
- address your application to:
The Human Resource -Ref: Sous Chef Vacancy
Off Ngong Road, PO Box 41516
NAIROBI, Tel: +254 020 2111951/2
- submit one file containing your Application Letter, and detailed CV (placed in one file, please) as an attachment in Word or rtf format clearly indicating the position applied for in the subject line of your mail to enable automated email sorting.
Kindly also indicate details of your current and expected salary, names & addresses of 3 business referees, current and previous employers, roles and responsibilities handled to date, together with your day and cell contacts. Original Certificates and copies of the same will be presented by those called for interviews
Only Long Listed Candidates will be contacted for further consideration
Deadline: 5th January 2019
- Please send one application to avoid disqualification.
- Only applications sent for this specific vacancy will be considered
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Impala Club is an equal opportunity employer.