Imports & Clearing Clerk Jobs, Logistics Jobs, Clearing & Forwarding Jobs, Jobs in Nairobi, Corporate Staffing Services Jobs
Our client is a leading integrated business solutions provider dealing with various systems including Visitor Management, Time & Attendance and Electronic Security Systems. They seek to hire an experienced, self-driven and results oriented candidate to fill in the role of an Imports & Clearing Clerk. She/he will be tasked with overseeing terms of customs clearing.
Title: Imports & Clearing Clerk– Secure Storage Solutions
Gross Salary: 30k -35k
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects in terms of Customs Clearing
- Ensuring that purchased goods are delivered
- Handling documentation related to the shipments, including insurance forms and dispatch forms.
- Keeping track of route information and verifying that the carrier used is properly licensed.
- Ordering containers which will be used for packaging cargo to be delivered to the right locations, and researching freight rates.
- Attending to all queries to ensure a smooth service
- Customer liaising and chasing of clearance Documents
- Framing all types of Port Documentation
- Permit Applications and Necessary Certificates
- File management/keeping and invoicing as per company policies
- Assisting with / guide on quotations accountabilities
- Effective coordination, clearing and delivery of Cargos
- Customer feedback with regard to service levels of a high degree
- Ensuring deadlines are met
- Maintaining constant communication with customers, clients, suppliers and statutory authorities.
- Diploma in Clearing & Forwarding or equivalent
- Experience in declaration/documentation and online processing
- Experience in customs clearance
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Proper understanding of E. Africa customs Management Act
- Must be computer literate
- Good communication skills
How to Apply