Imports Officer Seafreight (Logistics) Jobs, Purchasing Jobs, Logistics Jobs, Kenya Airways Jobs
To undertake the timely process of shipments arriving via sea-freight, ensure the clearing and forwarding of catering stores to meet business requirement while ensuring they are securely delivered in accordance with air worthiness and Kenya Airways quality standards to support scheduled requirements of Kenya Airways.
- Ensure all documents required; Bill of Lading, Commercial Invoice, KEBS certificate and any other relevant documentation are on hand to commence on clearance.
- Ensure the relevant shipping line has the necessary deposits in place to ensure fast release of the containers.
- Ensure Kenya Ports Authority (KPA) account is up to date and fully reconciled before the shipment arrival.
- Correctly prepare folders per shipment.
- Proactively ensure Manifest details are provided 7 days before vessel arrival.
- Proactively check KWATOS to confirm date of container arrival.
- Update the Tracker continuously to ensure correct information is sent out by customer service team to internal customers.
- Follow up and ensure containers are returned to Inland Container Depot (ICD) and or Mombasa.
- Confirm container seals whether customs or shipping line seals are intact.
- Ensure to handle the shipment and process with utmost care and maintain high quality work.
- Where possible anticipate any costs incurred and move it immediately to ensure cost savings.
- Expedite the clearing process to ensure no additional costs are accrued or incurred especially demurrage, customs warehouse rent amongst others.
- Reconcile all payments by Kenya Ports Authority (KPA) and bank where necessary.
- Diploma in Purchasing & Supplies Management and
- Diploma in Clearing and Forwarding.
- Training on Basic Cargo
- Training on Dangerous Goods
- 3 Years.
- Computer proficiency
- Organization, problem solving and analytical skills
How to Apply