Innovation & Development Editor Jobs, Media Jobs, Nation Media Jobs
Job Number: JOB REF HR-EID-03-2019
Reporting to the Group Editorial Director, the job holder will be responsible for building a world class multimedia newsroom with skills, structures and work processes to generate and produce content for new media and legacy platforms.
- Reviewing newsroom processes, formulating and implementing measures to achieve effective integration;
- Identifying journalism and digital skills needs;
- Designing and implementing a training program to respond to the needs of a vibrant multimedia newsroom;
- Generating ideas for innovative and monetisable digital products;
- Identifying resources and resource persons to implement training programs;
- Reviewing products to identify areas of improvement and ensure remedial actions;
- Introducing and managing a program for induction, on the job training and mentorship for Editorial staff
- Managing the media lab program and liaising with Aga Khan University Graduate School of Media and Communication, among other academic institutions.
- University qualification or its equivalent in journalism;
- At least 10 years’ experience as an Editor in a multimedia newsroom;
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with good understanding of editorial practices, writing and editing requirements in a busy newsroom;
- Proven trainer and communicator;
- Demonstrable craft and digital skills;
- Aptitude for innovation and creativity;
- Good organizational skills and ability to work effectively with the team;
- Ability to track, review and manage team performance effectively;
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills;
- Very strong analytical skills;
- Flexible and agile;
- Results driven.
How To Apply
If you meet the above criteria, apply online at http://www.nationmedia.com/careers/ on or before Friday, April 5, 2019
International candidates are encouraged to apply.
Note: We shall only contact the shortlisted applicants.