PACIS Insurance Company Limited was incorporated in Kenya in October 2004 and is an initiative of the Catholic Church, with a vision to be the icon of reliability and trustworthiness.
In order to serve our growing client base, the company wishes to recruit an experienced, dynamic and innovate individual to fill the following position:
Summary of the role
Integrating customer insight, research, brand management, all sector requirements, the role is to develop clear and detailed product briefs to uncover insights and bring innovative solutions to the market. The aim is to optimise customer appeal and position all Pacis insurance brands as leading edge in the Industry.
- Creating and leading an innovation pipeline for Pacis insurance brands including Commercial Innovation while supporting brand strategies.
- Identifying trends and insights that lead to the conceptualization of product ideas that will uniquely and competitively position Pacis Insurance
- Work closely with a team of Sales/Marketing and other related departments to ensure all new products meet technical, price and production parameters.
- Develop the insurance products platforms for new concepts and channels for all brands.
- Drafting and signing off on product specifications and documentation.
Business Interaction and Performance
- Conceptualization of new products right through the seamless transition to the brand team post launch and track year-one-in-market performance.
- Responsible for improving existing product offering and packaging innovation to address Ever-Changing Consumer needs.
- Drafting and updating company existing/New Product Development procedures and ensuring that all staff are fully compliant.
- Reporting on product performance on a regular basis.
Research and Development
- Insurance activities and business performance leading to improved business performance.
- Presenting new products to potential customers through research and co-creation groups.
Customer Interaction and Co-Creations
- Be the key customer contact for all issues concerning product innovations and outcomes (Business-Customer interface).
Communication and Team
- Fostering an environment in which team members are motivated to generate new ideas based around clear customer feedback.
- Taking responsibility for successful handover of product to process development staff
- Contribute to all wider business perspectives from an insurance innovation perspective.
- A business-related degree.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the Insurance Industry preferably with 2-3 years exposure to product/marketing innovation at mid-level management within the Insurance industry.
- Exposure to brand management would be an added advantage. Previous project management work experience would be an added advantage.
- Someone who is passionate about being innovative and helping to develop new products.
- Have some people management experience so that you can get the best out of your team of technologists.
- Excellent communications skills will also help when you’re dealing with other departments and also stakeholders and clients.
- A methodical sort of person. You’ll enjoy working your way through processes without taking short cuts making sure everything is always recorded accurately.
- Comfortable with deadlines and pressure and organized at all times.
- Proficiency working in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
How to Apply
Applications with a detailed CV, indicating the preferred location and telephone contacts with names and addresses of three referees should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 9th November 2018.