Direct Sales Representative Job at Jubilee Insurance
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa in 1937. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, General and Medical Insurance. Today, Jubilee is the number one insurer in East Africa with over 450,000 clients. Jubilee Insurance has a network of offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi and Mauritius. It is the only ISO certified insurance group listed on the three East Africa stock exchanges – The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Its regional offices are highly rated on leadership, quality and risk management and have been awarded an AA- in Kenya and Uganda, and an A+ in Tanzania. For more information, visit www.JubileeInsurance.com.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for the position of Direct Sales Representative, Service Center Branch Operations Department.
The job holder will be responsible for procuring new business by converting business leads to sales and cross-selling/ up-selling to existing customers in full compliance with the laid down procedures and guidelines as set out in the company’s policy.
The post holder will report to the Retail Manager and will be based at the Jubilee Center in Nairobi.
Responsibilities for the Direct Sales Representative Job
- Personally contact and secure new business accounts/customers
- Promote/sell/secure new business from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach
- Cross-sell and up-sell Retail Products to existing customers
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current customers and prospective customers to generate new business
- Customer visits and sales pitch presentation to existing and prospective customers
- Research market sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential
- Develop clear and effective written proposals/quotations for prospective customers
- Plans and organizes personal sales weekly and monthly plans in order to achieve assigned target
- Gather market intelligence
Monitoring and evaluation
- Submit daily, weekly and monthly performance reports
- Maintain a log of all sales activity results
- Contribute a passion and ongoing knowledge of sales a key member of the marketing team
- Innovation – Ensure the company remains on the cutting edge of trends & techniques in sales generation
- Communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skill
- Market intelligence and sales skills
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Innovation
- Ownership & Commitment
- Entrepreneur Spirit
- Team Spirit
Direct Sales Representative Job Qualifications
- Minimum Academic requirement is a Diploma in Marketing/ Sales, Business, economic, Commerce, Insurance or equivalent from a recognized institution
- IT proficient
- Relevant Experience
- Minimum of one (1) year work experience in Sales & Marketing
How to Apply
Applications to be sent to Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Designation given above before 9th August 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.