Insurance Principal Officer (CEO)
Industry: Insurance Location: Nairobi Seniority: Reporting to the B.O.D Salary: 200 – 300K
Our client is an Insurance Brokerage company providing affordable and quality insurance services in Kenya. The company is a new entry in the insurance brokerage business and seeks to hire a competent, strategic and self-driven Insurance Principal Officer to oversee the company’s objectives, drive strategy, man the day-to-day operations, including marketing, expense control and quarterly financial goal management. The incumbent will be tasked with overseeing all aspects of the brokerage business, by networking and bringing in new business.
- Conduct regular and systematic appraisals and evaluations of the Company’s operations and keep the Directors updated on the same.
- Sourcing, managing and maintaining key relationships with external service providers.
- Develop and implement procedures and controls that will promote adequate communication and information flow which will solidify management control and direction of the organization.
- Developing a base for long-term sources of clients by using referrals, occupational, and special-interest groups to compile lists of prospects.
- Approaching potential clients by utilizing mailings and phone solicitation; making presentations to groups at company-sponsored gatherings; speaking publicly to community groups on the subject of financial well-being.
- Determining clients’ particular needs and financial situations by scheduling fact-finding appointments; determining extent of present coverage and investments; ascertaining long-term goals.
- Developing a coordinated protection plan by calculating and quoting rates for immediate coverage action and long-term strategy implementation.
- Enhancing broker sales reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different
- Direct short-term and long term planning and budget development in line with the company’s overall objectives and strategic business goals
- Establish the performance goals, allocate resources and assess policies for senior management and all staff
- A key deliverable would be to acquire, retain and create strategic partnerships to grow client base and revenue
- Giving sound insurance advisory services and support to the clients, selling insurance policies to customers.
- Design and monitor claims handling procedures for timely claims settlement for the clients as well as ensure compliance with IRA and other service level standards.
- Proper and efficient coordination and administration of insurance services in the Company
- MBA in Strategic Management/Marketing/Finance or related field
- Degree in any business related field, e.g. Insurance, Marketing, Commerce, Economics etc.
- ACII, IIK Diploma/COP
- 5 years in an executive level position such as CEO/General Manager from a reputable organization.
- Superior networking, business development skills with thorough knowledge of the Insurance business
- Unquestionable moral and ethical background, with a valid certificate of good conduct and CRB clearance
- Prior experience in leading teams, with a strategic approach
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking and presentation skills
- Solid working knowledge of budgeting, sales, business development and strategic planning
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies.
- Keen to detail, reliable, goal oriented, task driven, team leader/player
How To Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Insurance Principal Officer) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 23rd November 2018
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.