Recovery Officer Job at Jubilee Insurance
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa in 1937. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, General and Medical Insurance. Today, Jubilee is the number one insurer in East Africa with over 450,000 clients. Jubilee Insurance has a network of offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi and Mauritius. It is the only ISO certified insurance group listed on the three East Africa stock exchanges – The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Its regional offices are highly rated on leadership, quality and risk management and have been awarded an AA- in Kenya and Uganda, and an A+ in Tanzania. For more information, visit www.JubileeInsurance.com.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Recovery Officer, General Department. The role reports to Claims Manager, General Department.
Aggressively Pursue maximum motor and non-motor recoveries from third party insurers and third parties within the limitation period with a special emphasis on mitigating claims costs.
Responsibilities for the Recovery Officer Job
- Maintain and update proper records of the company’s recoveries and expected recoveries from other Insurance Companies
- Ensure that initial demand has been sent out on all recovery matters
- Quantify and document the company’s recovery claims to the third parties within reasonable time
- Promptly deal with third party claims that fall under Knock for Knock for purposes of cost cutting on claims
- Appoint tracers to investigate legal/beneficial ownership of third party vehicles, economic status and physical addresses for purposes of pursuing recovery through court
- Liaise with Legal section on recoveries that are to be filed in court
- Meet the set recovery target each month and deal with general correspondence on recovery matters
- Attend court to produce claim documents when required and pursue witness statements from insureds
- Providing reports on recoveries to the Claims Manager
- Work in claims department on other assigned duties
- Ownership & Commitment
- Team Spirit
- Customer Focus
- Entrepreneur Spirit
- Market Awareness
- Continuous Innovation
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Time management & Negotiation skills
- Business Planning & Implementation
Recovery Officer Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree/Diploma from a recognized University/College
- Computer literacy especially in the use of Microsoft packages
- General Knowledge of general insurance claims
How to Apply
Applications to be sent to Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Designation given above before 20th August 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.