Interline Analyst Job at Kenya Airways
To proactively negotiate all IATA Interline Agreements, Special Prorate Agreements and Codeshare agreements, distribute all Zonal Employee Discount based fares and Taxes in all markets to maximize revenue.
Interline Analyst Job Responsibilities
- Initiate, plan and negotiate SPA with other carriers and set competitive prorates to boost KQ revenue from beyond markets where KQ is offline on Code shares and Block-space Agreements
- Prepare, coordinate and action the filing and distribution of the following: –
- Both chart 1 & 2 RBD (Reservations Booking Designators) depending on concurrence agreements
- ZED (Zonal Employee Discount) fares
- Negotiate, prepare, control and coordinate MITA-Multilateral Interline Traffic Agreements and BITA-Bilateral Interline Traffic Agreements with strategic airlines for KQ’s interlineability.
- Identify, initiate and negotiate staff travel agreements. ZED/MIBA-Multilateral Interline Business Agreements, ZED-Zonal Employee Discount. Thus, creating a seamless wider cost-effective staff travel arrangements
- Coordinate, Maintain and Administer IATA airlines and Agency relationships with KQ to ensure policies are developed and enforced that protect KQ’s interest revenue.
- Initiate and coordinate with sales areas to develop and seek IATA adoption and Governments Approval for interlineable /IATA fares for the best possible value in terms of network and revenue.
- Initiate and orchestrate actions on TPM-ticketed point mileages creations on filings to all newly introduced KQ routes for proper IATA fare proration to ascertain maximum revenue
- Initiate and Source KQ’s own offices/GSAs IATA codes/validators and file GSA’s with IATA
- Coordinate and disseminate information on IATA and/or KQ Policy to the entire KQ network concerning documents like tickets, FIM’s, MCO’s and MPD’s (Multi-Purpose Documents).
- Seek from KQ treasury in liaison with Barclays Bank the (BSR) – exchange rates of USD to KES to circulate to the market in Kenya without which no ticketing office can ticket USD based fares in Kenya
Qualifications for the Interline Analyst Job
- University degree with 3 years in Business related subject or “O” level with 5 years airline experience in IATA affairs.
- Proficiency in proration
- Thorough proficiency in fares construction, ticketing & reservation
- Ability to take independent correct, quick and decisive action
- Strong analytical and visionary skills
- Excellent knowledge of Kenya Airways products
- Excellent planning & organization skills.
- Excellent computer skills
How to Apply