Principal Internal Auditor Jobs, Internal Audit Jobs, Finance Jobs, Accounting Jobs, Commerce Jobs, ERC Jobs
Reporting to Manager, Internal Audit and Risk Assurance the successful candidate will be responsible for providing an independent assurance service to EPRA through the audit committee, focusing on reviewing the effectiveness of the governance, risk assurance and control processes that management has put in place and providing advice to management on governance risks and controls.
- Coordinating the internal audit risk identification, assessment and mitigation;
- Reviewing all the Audit Working Papers (AWPs) to ensure that the audit evidence gathered supports the audit findings as documented;
- Inspecting systems to determine their efficiency and protective value in the recording and management of resources;
- Carrying out frequent system reviews to identify discrepancies of information and/or documentation for the purposes of reaching resolutions, ensuring accuracy of data and complying with established procedures;
- Developing strategies to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of operating systems;
- Monitoring the implementation of all audit recommendations and prepare a status report on quarterly basis;
- Establishing and managing a risk register for internal audit department and update it frequently.
- At least eight of (8) years relevant work experience three (3) of which should have been at the level of supervision;
- Have Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Business Management (Accounting Option) or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Have Master’s degree in Business Administration (Finance or Accounting option) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Membership of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) or Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK); in good standing
- Proficient in computer applications;
- Demonstrated results in work performance
- A certificate in management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks
Applicants are required to provide a detailed CV indicating their current and previous employers, positions held, current and expected salary, names of at least three professional referees, education and professional certificates together with a copy of national identity card or passport.
The shortlisted candidates will additionally be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of
Kenya 2010 and provide:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Tax compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
The Authority will offer attractive salaries and benefits to the selected candidates who can look forward to a rewarding career in a professionally run organization. The successful candidates will be offered employment on contract and permanent and pensionable terms as specified.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the stated requirements can submit applications attaching a signed application letter, copies of education and professional certificates, a detailed CV giving details of telephone contact, email address, names and contacts of three (3) professional referees not later than 5.00pm 6th August 2019.
Applications clearly indicating job applied for should be sent to:
EPRA values diversity therefore youth, female candidates, Persons with Disability (PWD) and marginalized are strongly encouraged to apply.
EPRA is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Recruitment process is free. The Authority does charge any processing fees at all.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACT