Senior Internal Auditor Jobs, Accounting Jobs, Finance Jobs, CPA Jobs, Jobs in Kisumu, County Government Jobs, Kisumu County Jobs
Reporting administratively to the Secretary/CEO and functionally to the Board, the Internal Auditor will be charged with the following: –
- Planning, organizing, directing, coordinating and controlling of internal audit services within the County Public Service Board
- Establishing risk-based audit plans consistent with the Board’s objectives
- Communicating plans of engagement and resource requirements for the internal audit function
- Playing a key role in maintaining a strong internal control environment and supporting initiatives that improve performance
- Perform financial, operational and information systems audit
- Attending meetings with auditees to develop an understanding of business processes
- Travelling to different sites to meet relevant staff and obtain documents and information
- Researching and assessing how well risk-management processes are working.
- Providing ad hoc advice and guidance to the Board and the Secretariat
- Performing risk assessments on key Board activities and using this information to guide the scope of the audits
- Anticipating emerging issues through research and interviews and deciding how best to deal with them
- Providing support and guidance to the Board on how to achieve on its mandate
- Agreeing on recommendations with relevant staff members to make improvements to operations
- Preparing reports to highlight issues and problems and distributing the reports to the relevant auditees
- Assessing how well the Board is complying with the relevant laws and regulatory requirements
- Managing a variety of stakeholders and their expectations through regular communications
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (Accounting or Finance Option)
- Possess CPA (K) or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Certification in Information Systems Auditing and CIA will be an added advantage
- Be a registered member of ICPAK or Institute of Internal Auditors
- Have at least five (5) years’ practical working experience in Audit in a public organization or a well-established commercial organization in a senior position
- Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to the values and principles outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya
How to Apply
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th July 2019 at 4.00 pm.
THE SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 7792-40100,
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must attach clearance certificates from KRA, HELB, EACC, CID, CRB and Commission for Higher Education for degrees obtained outside Kenya.
Note: The positions of County Secretary, Deputy County Secretary, Chief Officers and Directors will be on Contract for a period of three years renewable based on successful performance.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.u County
NB: The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer and women, the youth and persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and also indicate so in their applications.