The jobholder is responsible for planning, executing and completing assignments according to established Audit Plan and schedule. He/she shall recommend appropriate internal control improvements that may include operational enhancements or efficiencies, and the preparation of audit reports as well as documenting controls.
- Carry out risks assessments and evaluate adequacy of internal controls prior to the execution of an audit program.
- Carry out compliance audits of financial and accounting systems with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Ensure there is a proper system of documentation of audit test work and working papers in line with established international standards.
- Review the Institute wide utilization of resources and provide assurance on their optimal use.
- Prepare detailed reports on audit findings and make recommendations to improve the institute’s operations.
- Follow up of findings and recommendations agreed on during the internal and external audits to ensure their implementation.
- Conduct investigations and special projects where applicable.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Business or Information System related field. A Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- CPA (k) or ACCA CFA
- Certification as a CIA, CISA or any other related professional certification.
- Must be a member of Institute of Internal Auditor (IIA)
- 6 years of full-time experience in auditing and accounting
- Competence in internal control development and evaluation.
- Knowledge of international accounting standards.
- Knowledge of management information systems concepts and practices.
Key Personal Attributes
- Knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Institute of Internal Auditors Code of Ethics Ability to work independently with extensive latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Annual Audit plan approved by the Council
- Timely implementation of annual audit plans as per schedule
- Compliance of audit reports to IFRS
- Completion of reports within 2 weeks after the audits
- Assist in developing systems for prevention and detection of fraud.
- Value of losses, if any, reduced to bare minimum
- Comprehensive risk management framework
- Assist in the implementation of policies and procedures governing University resource mobilization.
How To Apply
NB: The CV and the application should be one document
Closing Date: 15th February 2019