Internal Auditor Job at National Environment Management Authority
The National Environment Management Authority (NEMA), is established under the Environmental Management and Co-ordination Act No. 8 of 1999 (EMCA) as the principal instrument of Government for the implementation of all policies relating to environment. EMCA 1999 was enacted against a backdrop of 78 sectoral laws dealing with various components of the environment, the deteriorating state of Kenya’s environment, as well as increasing social and economic inequalities, the combined effect of which negatively impacted on the environment.
Responsibilities for the Internal Auditor Job
- Verifying periodical financial returns to establish adequacy of accounting for funds disbursed and revenue/Appropriation-in-Aid (A-in-A) and reporting on any deviations from approved levels.
- Ensuring validity and accuracy of payments and procurements.
- Identifying any accounting errors and cases of fraud for investigation.
- Verifying utilization of Authority’s resources and making appropriate recommendations.
- Undertaking specific audit assignments and preparing draft audit reports.
Internal Auditor Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance option or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Part II of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Knowledge in computer application.
How to Apply