Inventory Officer Jobs, Supply Chain Jobs, Penda Health Jobs
Penda Health is an award-winning private company that is transforming healthcare in Kenya by making extremely high-quality care accessible to every family. Our vision is that everyone in Africa has access to healthcare they can trust. We were ranked as the best healthcare company to work for in Kenya in 2018! We currently have 300 staff operating 12 branches and treating 200K+ patients per year across Nairobi. By the end of 2020, we will be operating 40 branches in multiple countries with a staff of over 1,000 and treating ~800K+ patients per year.
- Manage our drug inventory worth over KES 100m annually and growing.
- Help to improve the healthcare experience for families in Nairobi and soon much wider
- Help understand our patient needs through the medical Centers and help Penda grow its patient numbers.
The core of your job is to ensure that all Medical Centres have the Inventory drug supplies they need at any given time. If you nail your job, Penda will get better at stocking the right inventory at all times across all our medical centers. This translates to no stock-outs, increased staff, patient satisfaction, and bigger sales margins.
- Be able to handle all inventory in Penda. Take full responsibility for any inventory being handled at the Warehouse and medical centers. Know how each item of inventory is being used and consumed. Ensuring that Penda also has a good TAT for supplies being delivered at the Medical Centres.
- Planning/ Tracking inventory movement. Sharing inventory levels reports once in a given week to ensure that Penda management knows how much inventory level we are holding order to schedule what we need to purchase and be able to identify any additional inventory needed. Ensuring we are never out of stock in items.
- Inventory Accuracy. Maintaining records of receipts, issuance of items that are going out of the warehouse and medical centers. Also, do accurate stock takes and spot check and maintain stock take and spot check records so as to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Proper Arrangement of inventory. Oversee that the arrangement of all inventory has been done in an orderly system within the warehouse so that the stock can be stored easily and retrieved whenever there is a requirement. Similarly, ensure that the stocks stay physically protected in the warehouse.
- Order fulfillment. You will be tasked with preparing quarterly orders and monthly orders for inventory held on time and following through to delivery to the medical centers within an expected TAT of 95% within the set and agreed timelines.
- Creativity and innovation. Devise new ways to ensure our supply chain processes works seamlessly.
- Be a great teammate to everyone. Branches are happy and the supply chain department has a good relationship with other departments.
Who will be successful in this role?
- You are super reliable and dependable
- You are great at inventory management and planning and have an eye for detail
- You are very organized. You have systems to keep track of all the small pieces
- You are open and honest about everything, always! You are great at communicating often and clearly about your progress and about your failures
- You are excellent at giving and receiving feedback and healthy conflict. At Penda, we love giving and receiving feedback because we believe it helps us grow
- Available Full Time
- 1+ years of experience managing inventory.
- College Diploma in Supply Chain Management
- Minimum experience of 1 year supply chain operations
- Good Knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- High Integrity
- Detail Oriented
- Base Salary depends on qualifications and experience
- Medical cover for inpatient and outpatient for your whole family
- Competitive salary (including employee stock options)
- Support to invest in your own growth (onsite mini-library of business books, budget for conferences and training attendance)
- Great benefits package – including “mandatory” hiking days and fruit salads at the office!
- Working for a company that has a real chance to revolutionize the healthcare industry