Investment Director Jobs, PSC Jobs
Basic Salary Scale Ksh. 166,780 – Kshs. 322,040 pm (CSG 4)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable or Local Agreement
- served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Senior Deputy Director, Investment, Job Group ‘S’/CSG 5 or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: Economics, Economics and Statistics, Economics and Mathematics or Commerce(Accounting, Finance or Insurance Option) or any other equivalent qualification from an institution recognized in Kenya;
- a Masters degree in the following fields: Economics, Accounting , Finance, Business Administration, Mathematics, Project Planning Management, or any other equivalent qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a certificate in any of the following fields: Project Appraisal, Risk Management, Public Financial Management, Project Planning and Management, Negotiation skills, Policy Development and Formulation, Monitoring and Evaluation or Public Expenditure Analysis from a recognized institution or any other courses in the related field of work;
- attended a Strategic Leadership Development Course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution; and
- demonstrated understanding of the National development goals, policies and National values and principles of governance.
An Officer at this level will manage the Government Investment and Public Enterprises
Function. Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- overseeing the Government Investment and Public Enterprises Function;
- developing policies and strategies relating to the financial oversight and management of state corporations;
- overseeing the restructuring of State Corporations;
- co-coordinating Government Divesture and privatization programme;
- monitoring and supervising State Corporations;
- co-coordinating appraisals of State Corporations’ projects and other investments;
- co-coordinating review of State Corporations’ annual budget;
- co-coordinating the processing of Treasury approvals and financing agreements relating to State Corporations’ borrowing;
- Debt restructuring including write-offs, rescheduling and refinancing in respect of State Corporations;
- Receiver of Government Revenue;
- Ensuring maintenance of data base on State Corporations and other government investments;
- Liaising with public private partnership unit on project initiatives;
- co-coordinating the National Treasury representation in the boards of State Corporations and other government investments;
- reviewing reports from the alternate directors and making recommendations;
- advising on issues raised by shareholders in Annual General Meetings, Parliamentary Oversight committees or any interested party on Government Investments;
- spearheading investments in strategic green fields and other projects;
- providing leadership in the development and implementation rescue and recovery packages for Government Investments-at-Risk;
- advising on Government Investment policy;
- fiscal oversight for public corporations;
- managing Government Investments and shareholding;
- managing contingent liabilities and other fiscal risks relating to public corporations;
- co-coordinating research on public investments and enterprises management to inform policy development;
- approving departmental plans; and
- approving capacity building programmes for staff
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
so as to reach the Commission on or before 12th November 2019