Investment Managers, Finance Jobs, Business Administration Jobs, Dorbe Leit Jobs
Our client is a leading company in the investment sector who thrives in offering customers attractive opportunities for investment and wealth creation and lifestyle-enriching financial services. The company specializes in a broad range of asset classes carefully tailored to create wealth for its clients and ultimately bolster-economic progress. They have a well client-focused integrated business model with competitive investment performance being core to the service delivery.
Our client is looking for a knowledge-driven individual to take up the role of an Investment
Manager who will be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
Further details concerning the role are as follows:Responsible for managing the investment team to provide research to identify investment opportunities to meet client/prospects needs, manage client investment and oversee the dealing function.
• Passion for financial markets.
• The high degree of honesty and integrity.
• Strong work ethic.
• Solution driven and ability to spot underlying patterns.
• Highly numerate, methodical in prioritizing work and multi-tasking and able to demonstrate attention to detail with great communication skills.
• Ability to work with discretion when dealing with confidential information.
• Ability to respond positively to change and work under pressure.
• Ability to exercise a high degree of independent judgment and to make interpretative decisions.
• Deadline driven.
• Excellent valuation and modeling skills.
• Proficiency in customary data sources (Bloomberg, Reuters or CapiQ).
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Negotiation, mediation and influencing skills.
• Familiar with the current Retirement Benefits Authority and Capital Markets Authority Regulations.
• Conversant with the investment industry in Kenya and Pan Africa.
• Knowledge of the Kenyan and Pan African debt and equity markets, pensions and insurance industry Strong experience in managing a team.
• Understanding business strategy and creating value add strategies for investment portfolios.
• Investment risk management.
• Ensuring regulatory compliance for regulated products.
• Research and analysis experience.
• Working knowledge of IFRS.
• Designing and implementing investment processes across asset classes and investment products.
• Investment operations.
• Produce incisive research reports at industry, sector and company level.
• Ensure the investment performance meets the return benchmarks.
• Develop and analyze potential investment opportunities.
• Develop and maintain proprietary database and valuation comparable.
• Perform extensive valuations by building and updating financial statement models.
• Prepare investment memos and presentation materials.
• Assist in special projects.
• Develop investment strategies encompassing asset allocation and security selection for different asset classes.
• Manage stakeholders, investment Committee, Trustees.
• Support commercial client engagements and retention activities.
• Develop products for dissemination to the public.
• Construction and simulation financial models.
• Portfolio structuring and re-structuring
• Anticipate and manage portfolio risks and regulatory compliance.
• Conduct research and due diligence to present new and viable investment opportunities.
• Maintain a working relationship with commercial banks, custodians, investment banks and other industry players in the capital markets.
• Communicate to internal and external stakeholders on investment philosophies, performance, and advice.
• Ensure client portfolios aligned to stated investment view and internal policies.
• Ensure all investments adhere to client mandates.
• Evaluate, monitor and prepare reports on investment performance.
• Knowledge transfer and mentor other team members.
• Oversee dealing functions.
• Formulate long 7 short term investment strategies(asset allocation strategies, risk mitigation strategies, trading strategies, etc.) that link to the overall long term strategies.
• Identify investment trends and opportunities across all asset classes.
• Execute and monitor the investment strategy of the portfolios.
• Tracking all key investment KPIs for the business and for investment portfolios.
• Propose action plans to ensure investment objectives are met.
• Contribute and add value to the team in an influential way.
• Be the key contact person for all fundraising efforts within the HNWI, and institutional investors.
• Coordinate all due diligence meetings with investors.
• Direct the development of marketing materials for all products and customized solutions during fundraising.
• Coordinate investors meetings and roadshows with the investor relations/business development teams.
• Establish an effective and well-organized investment process. This involves both new processes a redesigning existing ones.
• Ensure the investments process are aligned to the strategies in place.
• Monitor all designed investment processes and take end to end responsibility of the process.
Investment Research and Analysis
• Organize regular investment reports and reviews, including quantitative and qualitative portfolio studies.
• Supervise market-related research and information dissemination to clients and investors.
• Supervise all investment analysis prior to investment strategy implementation.
• Lead the evaluation of potential investment opportunities and make recommendations.
• Analyzing micro/macro trends to spot promising market opportunities for investment.
• Clearly identify and ensure all portfolio objectives are documented and cascaded.
• Direct the key decisions on the portfolio strategies and implementation.
• Review portfolio performance to projected performance and/or agreed benchmark performance while being cognizant of market conditions and risks.
• Responsible for ensuring all reporting whether internal or external is prepared in an accurate and timely manner.
• To develop and implement new versions of reports, analyses, graphs, etc. to meet the changing business needs.
• To provide feedback to senior management and other staff including the board on the daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly performance information and other management reports as required.
• Provide investment evaluation reports to investment committees in a timely manner.
• Report on portfolio performance to senior management, board, investment committees and clients based on agreed timelines.
• Product Development.
• Lead the structuring and or restructuring of investment products from identified market opportunities.
• Effectively and clearly identify and communicate potential investment risks in a timely manner.
• Take steps to mitigate the risks.
• Ensure risk methodologies for portfolio management are modeled and implemented in all portfolios.
• Team Leader.
• Recruit and develop a high-quality investment team for the company.
• Lead the team that will deliver on the implementation of investment strategy and its activities.
• Get the highest possible results from the team to achieve superior investment performance and revenue generation from performance.
• Play a key role in establishing a presence in the market for AAAM and a value-add contributor to the digital platform marketing efforts.
• Be involved in PR campaigns, newspaper articles, magazine articles, and blogs.
• Representing the firms in conferences as a key contributor or panel participant.
• Minimum B.Com Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Commerce, Accounting or Actuarial Science.
• MBA in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Commerce, Accounting or Actuarial Science an added advantage.
• CFA, CAI, ACCA, CFAM, CPA (K), CSAT or SITA certification.
• At least five years of experience within the financial services sector or fixed income research and analysis, trading and investment management.
• Exposure to data sources such as Bloomberg, Reuters or CapiQ.
• Able to apply valuation principles using DCF analysis, comparable company, precedent transaction.
• Makes strategic decisions as part of Investment Committee.
• Sets investment performance targets.
• Develops options by which work should be accomplished.
• Assists in the development of investment procedures.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please send your application through our website firstname.lastname@example.org on the vacancy page before the closing of business 20th September 2019. Only successful candidates will be contacted.