IT Audit Manager Job at Old Mutual
Old Mutual is the 2018 No 1 Top Employer in South Africa and Ghana, and remains the Industry Leader in Financial Services and Insurance. We have also been certified as a Top Employer in all the 13 countries across the African continent that we operate in. We are rooted in our purpose of “Championing Mutually Positive Futures Every Day” and believe that a great customer experience is anchored in a great employee experience.
The role supports the Group Head of Audit in assisting the Board and Executive Management to protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of the UAP-Old Mutual Group.
The role will be responsible for execution of IT audits across the UAP-Old Mutual business operations in East Africa that include; Banking, Investments, Properties, Short term and Long term Insurance.
Roles for the IT Audit Manager Job
- Manages, administers and executes IT audits for UAP-Old Mutual Group in East Africa.
- Helps the business to deliver IT strategic initiatives successfully by focusing on the significant risks, both existing and emerging.
- Delivers IT audit assignments on time & in accordance with the Group Internal Audit (GIA) methodology.
- Interacts with and provides IT audit assurance to the respective Audit and Risk Committees.
- Understands the risk profile of the business, gains and applies extensive industry knowledge in the various business lines.
- Provides independent opinion on risk & control environment for the various business units or processes.
- Supports the financial & operational internal audit staff with IT related aspects and adds value to audit assignments through an analytical approach to work.
- Engages with business unit process owners to agree on IT audit deliverables (risk assessments, control workshops and adequacy assessments), timeframes and issues audit findings in relation to work done.
- Challenges and influences the relevant executives to improve the IT governance, risk and control culture.
- Manages staff within area of responsibility including budgets.
- Meets key customers to gain a better understanding of business expectations.
- Provides clients with an understanding of GIA expectations.
- Contributes to developmental interventions and on the job coaching.
IT Audit Manager Job Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree with a focus in IT.
- Professional qualifications such as CPA, CISA, CISM, CRISC, COBIT, CIA.
- Minimum of six years IT audit experience within the internal audit function and / or external audit function.
- Experience in the financial services industry is an added advantage.
- Proficient in use of data analytics tools e.g. ACL , IDEA
How to Apply