Sheer Logic Management Consultants is seeking to engage dynamic individuals for IT Auditor position for one of our clients.
- Take lead role in execution of day to day internal audit assignments which will include IT, operational and financial audits
- Assist in monitoring the bank’s IT infrastructure and identify areas of internal control weaknesses and non-compliance within the bank’s procedures and provide sound and practical recommendations to management
- Give value adding recommendations and support to the bank in creation of Policies, automation of procedures and processes to ensure an appropriate level of internal control, standards to efficiency and compliance is maintained
- Participate in developing a risk based annual audit scope and work plan
- Undertake audit assignments which will include IT, financial and operational audit reviews
- Perform detailed evaluation of internal controls and audit reviews of the bank’s ICT infrastructure.
- Perform risk assessments on all new and existing ICT systems
- Review new applications systems development acquisitions or major changes to existing systems i.e. analysis, design and identified inherent risks
- Proactively identify risks, evaluate controls and make recommendations to improve internal controls and operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Review of bank’s policies and procedures and documentations such as Service Level Agreements, IT contracts, programs and ICT policies.
- Prepare draft audit reports for review by the head of internal audit and participate in exit meetings with audit clients.
- Monitor the timely implementation of management actions to recommendations in audit reports.
- Prepare clear and concise recommendations for correction of unsatisfactory conditions, improvements in operations, and reductions in cost and effectively gain concurrence and support for recommended control improvements.
- Any other duty assigned by the head of internal audit.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or business related field from a recognized university.
- Professional certification: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Professional certification: Certified public accountant (CPA) /Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)/Certified Information Security manager (CISM certification is an added advantage
- 2 to 3 years of audit experience with at least 1 year specializing in Information Systems Audit from a reputable audit firm or a financial institution
Skills and attributes
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise and knowledge of software requirements for the auditing of computing systems and procedures.
- Ability to analyze and manipulate large data
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively both written and oral
- Ability to stand firm in difficult situations
- Ability to write good and reliable reports
- Ability to maintain highest levels of independence, objectivity and integrity
- Show awareness of the need for confidentiality in sensitive matters
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely execution of audit assignments
- Quality output of the audit assignments and proposed recommendations
- Timely submission of audit reports
- Quality recommendation
How To Apply