IT Mediation & BI Specialist Jobs, ICT Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi
Position: IT Mediation and BI Specialist
Reporting to: Manager – IT Billing Support
Reporting to the manager of IT billing support, the job holder will be required to administer and support BI and Mediation applications. In addition, he/she will liaise with the business to ensure expectations are met on time.
- Monitor BI and Mediation applications ensuring that all downstream applications receive inputs.
- Perform data catch-up and other corrective actions in the event of faults.
- Perform data quality and consistency checks on data in the BI and Mediation applications.
- Generate and circulate daily, weekly and monthly application QOS reports.
- System administration of BI and Mediation system by ensuring system and user configurations are set up correctly.
- Handling business requests which involves carrying out feasibility study and implementation on BI & Mediation systems.
- Document BI and Mediation processes/systems and ensure they are up to date.
- Perform troubleshooting, first/second level support and resolution of issues with respective system vendors.
- Project involvement in procuring and implementation of BI and Mediation systems /upgrades.
- Involvement in system design and assess the effectiveness of technology resources already in use or new systems that are being implemented
- Redundancy and back up management – ensuring redundancy for BI and Mediation are backed up and that backup system is available and working.
- Carry out system maintenance together with system administrators and database administrators to ensure Mediation and BI systems are functioning optimally e.g. disk space check/expansion, memory & CPU checks
- Generate on-demand reports for the business users
- Training of users
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- 5-8years background in IT with specialization in Telecommunication B.I and Mediation applications
- Qualification in Programming / Databases and Qualification in ITIL /E-TOM
- Proficient in Unix & Microsoft OS, Unix Scripting, programming and Relational Databases
- Experience in documenting processes and system architectures
- Proven experience in implementation of projects with regards to B.I. and Mediation
- Drive and Initiative, Customer focus
- Ability to work well with others and without supervision
- Problem solving
- Ability to work long hours to meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills, innovative and creative
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (IT Mediation and BI Specialist) to email@example.com before 28th October 2019.