IT Systems Administrator Jobs, ICT Jobs, Computer Science Jobs, Uplands Premium Dairies Jobs
Uplands Premium Dairies and Foods Limited is a fast growing FMCG company based in Kiambu, Kenya. We process premium products available throughout the country. The company currently processes several popular Dairy brands each with their own identities in the market; Flagship brand “Pascha”
We seek to recruit IT Systems Administrator
Location: Kagwe, Kiambu
Nature of Job: Full Time
The successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination of ICT services within the plant by providing technical support to all sections.
- Working with users to analyze workflow, access, information, and security requirements as well as designing system infrastructure;
- Installing and configuring servers and application software on all workstations;
- Planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of PC and server hardware, LAN and WAN networks, and operating systems;
- Maintaining and monitoring system performance by troubleshooting system hardware, and networks and documenting system problems and resolutions.
- Backing up and restoring files and critical data by performing/verifying daily backup for recoverability;
- Database management and ensuring smooth data replication between data centers
- Installing, configuring, supporting and maintenance of electronic weighing Equipment’s
- Performing and/or overseeing new software and application testing, implementation and review in the factory;
- Supporting the design and implementation of IT policies and procedures;
- Responsible for documenting technical configuration of installed systems;
- Testing, evaluating, and installing system enhancements by scouting for new technological innovations within the factories core business areas;
- Developing system access, monitoring control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures.
- Management and administration of system user accounts and passwords;
- Identifying systems upgrades by conferring with ICT, vendors and services providers;
- Ensure timely preparation and distribution of ICT reports as and when they fall due;
- Responsible for the provision of ICT infrastructure services including desktop, laptops etc.;
- Assessing the adequacy of the ICT equipment in the factories;
- Monitoring and coordinating all new and existing ICT Projects and initiatives at the factory.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- CCNA/CCNP/MCSE or related professional certification
- Minimum four (2) years of experience in a similar set up.
- Technical knowledge of hardware and network installation.
- Must demonstrate high integrity and ethical practice
- Must demonstrate ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Should have ability to solve problems by applying relevant business knowledge
- Should demonstrate professional expertise in the relevant work area
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be a flexible person, who is willing to learn and able to work flexible hours to achieve goals
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV quoting expected salary to email@example.com by Monday 1st July 2019; only successful candidates will be contacted