The ideal candidate must be a professional journalist and a proficient writer with attention to detail and exceptional grammar.
Knowledge of online journalism trends and practices is a basic requirement.
- At least one year experience in a busy newsroom
- Bachelors Degree in Journalism, Communication or related field
- Critical thinker
- Great network of news sources and industry insiders
- Ability to conceptualize and execute ideas fast without compromising quality
- Good listening skills
- Flexible and fast without compromising quality
- Identify trending stories that we should be covering across all platforms – web, mobile, social, video and more and idea generation
- Developing, reporting and writing news stories/articles
- Write creatively and with passion
- Ensuring that the stories written conform to the journalistic code of ethics and the Editorial policy guidelines and objectives, the house style and submitting them within set deadlines
- Checking the written stories to ensure that they are free from errors and libel
- Following news leads and developments from published stories
- Follow a structure for news gathering and fact-checking news
- Create a rapport with relevant newsmakers and assist in brand penetration.
- Create new and innovative ways of disseminating news and improve on existing structures.
- Coordinate between all departments (social, editorial and video)
- Add SEO articles that are not news-related
- Adhering to the Editorial and Social Media Policy as updated from time to time
How To Apply
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Include links to some of your works if available online.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.