Senior Assistant Dean of Students Job at Karatina University
GRADE 13: KarU/HR/SADOS/2018
- Work at this level entails Providing parental supervision and direction to the students;
- Raising the level of students educational and cultural awareness;
- Providing opportunity to explore educational career interests;
- Facilitating informal contacts with faculty and administrative staff;
- Contributing to development through group interactions and opportunity for leadership experiences and helping in planning and engaging them in productive leisure experiences; developing a sense of community belonging within the halls of Residence;
- Participating in building self-confidence, assertiveness and respectability in students as well as advise them on their sexual responsibility and helping to maintain discipline within the halls of residence and any other duties as may be assigned by a senior officer.
- Masters Degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution
- At least eleven (11) years work experience in the relevant field
- Knowledge of Information Communication Technology
- Membership registration with a relevant professional body
- Doctorate degree is an added advantage
Terms and Conditions of Service
The successful candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package in accordance
with the existing Terms and Conditions of Service.
How To Apply
Applicants must submit two (2) copies of applications giving details of their educational and professional qualifications, age, detailed work experience, present, post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address. Enclose certified copies of certificates and testimonials and giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence and area of specialization, accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae and a copy of the most recent pay slip.
In addition, applicants should request their referees to write directly to the undersigned, in separate sealed envelopes. Interested applicants should send the applications to the address below, quoting the relevant reference number, so as to be received on or before Tuesday 18th December, 2018.
The Vice Chancellor
P.O. Box 1957- 10101
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.