Systems Librarian I Job at Karatina University
GRADE 11: KarU/HR/SLI/2018
- Work at this level entails management of library and information resources, abstracting and indexing;
- Stock editing;
- Library promotion and use;
- Teaching and conducting research in library and information skills; supervision, staff development and capacity building.
- In addition provide electronic information and any other duties as may be assigned by a senior officer.
- Bachelors Degree in the relevant field from a recognized institution;
- At least seven (7) years relevant work experience.
- Good knowledge of Information Communication Technology.
- Membership registration to a relevant professional body.
- Masters Degree is an added advantage
How To Apply
Applicants must submit two (2) copies of applications giving details of their educational and professional qualifications, age, detailed work experience, present, post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address. Enclose certified copies of certificates and testimonials and giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence and area of specialization, accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae and a copy of the most recent pay slip.
In addition, applicants should request their referees to write directly to the undersigned, in separate sealed envelopes. Interested applicants should send the applications to the address below, quoting the relevant reference number, so as to be received on or before Tuesday 18th December, 2018.
The Vice Chancellor
P.O. Box 1957- 10101
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.