Assistant Network Administrator Job at Karatina University
GRADE 10: KarU/HR/ANA/2018
- Work at this level entails installation, configuration and maintenance Network Security Tools e.g firewall. anti-virus, Intrusion detection systems.
- Identify, troubleshoot, solve and document network connectivity and performance issues.
- Monitor network performance and optimize the network for optimal speed and availability.
- Deploy, configure and upgrade network software, such as, enterprise antivirus or diagnostics programs.
- Implement and maintain emergency backup and restore systems for mission-critical servers.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of software and Management information systems (Microsoft Navision 2017);
- Manage new/existing user accounts for the internal network domain and any other duties as may be assigned by a senior officer.
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution
- At least eleven (11) years relevant work experience
- Membership registration in a relevant professional body
- Masters Degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution and any other professional qualifications is an added advantage.
How To Apply
Applicants must submit two (2) copies of applications giving details of their educational and professional qualifications, age, detailed work experience, present, post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address. Enclose certified copies of certificates and testimonials and giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence and area of specialization, accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae and a copy of the most recent pay slip.
In addition, applicants should request their referees to write directly to the undersigned, in separate sealed envelopes. Interested applicants should send the applications to the address below, quoting the relevant reference number, so as to be received on or before Tuesday 18th December, 2018.
The Vice Chancellor
P.O. Box 1957- 10101
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.