Deputy Registrar – Academic Research & Student Job at Karatina University
Affairs – GRADE 14: KarU/HR/DR(ARSA)/2018
Work at this level entails planning, policy formulation and general administration of the various
administrative and/or academic activities in the University administration. In addition,
management of the various departments within the administrative and/or academic divisions
with regard to the legal instruments and regulations governing the management and
administration of University resources in general and within their respective departments, staff
development and capacity building, procurement.
- Coordination of all academic functions of the University making sure all university programmes are updated, relevant and market driven
- Coordination of all research activities in the University in liaise with Registrar (ARSA) to ensure that the University is proactive in its core mandate of research and contribution to knowledge pool nationally and internationally
- Ensuring implementation of policy guidelines in the academic division including effective development, review and interpretation of the curriculum to ensure it matches laid down standards and market requirements.
- Facilitation of capacity building activities for the staff in the division to realize optimum performance while ensuring that all academic staff materials and facilities are availed on time to ensure effective and optimum utilization of the said resource
- Participating in preparation of policy guidelines on creation, use and dissemination of knowledge while ensuring that both academic and student affairs matters and interest are well taken care of
- Collecting and collating data on research activities in University, for Performance Contracting and guide decision making with regard to effective and productive areas that may require support and or changes.
- Liaising with Registrar (ARSA) on generating, analyzing and recommending proposals for funding to diversify sources of funds for the University and develop capacity among the teaching staff and students
- Facilitating presentations and guidance to research and attendance supports in to line with University mandate and as provided for in the university statute.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution
- At least four (4) years relevant work experience at the level of Senior Assistant Registrar or a comparable position
- Knowledge of Information Communication Technology.
- Membership registration with relevant professional body.
- Should be a person of high integrity
- Doctorate Degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Evidence of participation and contribution in academic seminars, workshops and
Terms and Conditions of Service
The successful candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package in accordance
with the existing Terms and Conditions of Service.
How To Apply
Applicants must submit two (2) copies of applications giving details of their educational and professional qualifications, age, detailed work experience, present, post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address. Enclose certified copies of certificates and testimonials and giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence and area of specialization, accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae and a copy of the most recent pay slip.
In addition, applicants should request their referees to write directly to the undersigned, in separate sealed envelopes. Interested applicants should send the applications to the address below, quoting the relevant reference number, so as to be received on or before Tuesday 18th December, 2018.
The Vice Chancellor
P.O. Box 1957- 10101
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.