Database Administrator Job at
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Databases Administration, the role of the position is to ensure high performance, high availability, integrity and security of the database.
Database Administrator Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing and supporting high performance, highly available and mission critical database .
- Review and design database structures to support business requirements including logical and physical database modeling.
- Install, configure and maintain database instances, creates various database objects, creates users with appropriate roles and levels of security.
- Recommend and implement database security policies that are consistent with KCB’s security guidelines.
- Recommend and implement database backup and recovery strategies that meet KCB’s recovery and availability requirements.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to improve the environment following established processes and procedures.
- Perform database performance analysis, capacity planning, system sizing and ongoing maintenance/tuning to ensure maximum performance.
- Recommend best practices and ensure they are implemented and incorporated into DBA procedures.
- Seek opportunities to utilize new technology to solve technical and business problems.
Qualifications for the Database Administrator Job
- A Bachelor’s degree in IT related field.
- Certification in Oracle Database Administration is required
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in Oracle Database Administration.
- Experience in an organisation with a key reliance on 24×7 reliability on its database.
- System administration experience with Linux.
- Must be a self-starter with attention to detail.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
How to Apply
The above positions are demanding roles for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidates. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Monday 16th July, 2018
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable