Hardware & Network Engineer Job at KCB Bank
The main purpose of the position is to provide professional Support and management of IT infrastructure visibility, availability, scalability and reliability.
Hardware & Network Engineer Job Responsibilities
- Implementation and support of IT Infrastructure in line with Bank’s Vision and provisioning High Available Server infrastructure for the Critical Server systems.
- Ensuring infrastructure high availability, business continuity and effective management of 24×7 Data Centre operations and high end infrastructure SLAs.
- Design and implementation of Cloud infrastructure systems for the Bank.
- Formulation and analyzing business needs and recommend appropriate ICT Server and Storage infrastructure solutions to meet the Bank’s requirements.
- Conducting performance and capacity planning and develop budgets for hardware infrastructure requirements and future projections for business.
- Design modeling for provisioning, orchestrating and deployment of server infrastructure and making it readily available.
- Design, evaluation and implementation of procedures and technical measures to enhance the security of Data Centre server and storage Infrastructure, Virtualized Server pool and Cloud Infrastructure.
- Keeping up- to- date infrastructure documentation, policies and procedural documents, disaster recovery plan and best practices that relate to hardware infrastructure.
- Providing the strategic evaluation and design of hardware solutions to support the banks requirements and supervise the technical execution of the same.
- Design and implement cost management policies, progress on lease model of asset management and also manage SLAs to ensure High Availability of Mission Critical Servers and Business Continuity.
Qualifications for the Hardware & Network Engineer Job
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or any Information Technology related field from a recognized and reputable University.
- Professional IT certification in the following: CCNP/CCNA/ITIL
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in a busy enterprise hardware infrastructure environment, supporting a mix of industry standard, mid-range server infrastructure and high-end enterprise storage solutions.
- Proficiency in the management and support of SUSE.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.Ability to deliver effectively under strict deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to develop working relationships with a wide range of internal and external personnel.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and efficiently manage time.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and effectiveness in working with a high performing team
How to Apply
The above positions are demanding roles for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidates. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Monday 16th July, 2018
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable