Mobile Channel Support Job at KCB Bank
Reporting to the Senior Manager Digital Systems Support, the systems channel support person shall ensure smooth running of all Digital Platform services and interacting channels and third-party systems.
The holder will provide both onsite and off the site technical support for the live system components as well constantly monitoring the system’s health status.
The holder must demonstrate a strong understanding of and high regard for mobile money systems and other delivery channels for both bank corporate and retail customers including online digital channels, agency banking services as well as mobile apps.
The holder must demonstrate proficiency in issue tracking and resolution skills as well strong understanding of escalation matrices.
The holder will also be required to easily learn all the business configuration procedures and processes for the bank’s digital platform product. The position requires someone with experience and expertise in mobile and internet based financial systems technologies as well as APP, SMS and USSD connectivity.
The person should have a good grasp of emerging channel technologies and applications and convergence of mobile and internet channels.
Mobile Channel Support Job Responsibilities
- Business configurations of the Digital Platform and S&L system and formulation of support manuals;
- Develop subject matter expert knowledge of Mobile, eCommerce and other payment banking technologies;
- Develop real time online reports and monitoring tools to be able to track internet / mobile banking and internet acquiring system uptime and performance;
- Maintain up to date system and user documentation including configuration documents;
- Following established change management practices by ensuring that they are well tested and are rolled out in a manner that adheres to established business processes;
- Keep track of user issues and oversee their prompt resolution;
- Ensure compliance of SLAs by system vendors;
- Provide product development support by participating in testing and piloting of new functionality where required;
- Identify & implement local changes for process improvement, in liaison with internal stakeholders from other departments;
- Participate and provide input to the product development roadmap to ensure timely delivery of relevant products to KCB Customers;
- Provide 1st level Support to Customer experience, Operations, Finance and other internal functional units;
- Continual Service Improvement by recommending and implementing upgrades or changes to the mobile & internet solutions for increased performance, security or business benefits;
- Work with the external and internal technical teams to ensure efficient resolution of all system issues;
- Liaise with all stakeholders to ensure new functionality, processes and systems are fully understood;
- Manage system capacity and anticipate user demands on resources;
- Manage all the security elements related to the system locally (certificates, interfaces, Access to systems);
- Provide Risk Management for all Operational requests as per the IS Audit/Risk Recommendations;
- Provide 1st level Support to assigned Business Applications
- Work with the third-party development teams to ensure that the requirements as documented are clearly understood and incorporate all the operational requirements;
- Proactively research & investigate functionalities suitable for the local market and discuss with key stakeholders to obtain buy-in;
- Transfer system knowledge to internal Customers on new features and support processes;
- Provide weekly system performance reports to management.
- Drive attainment of efficiencies through automation of processes/activities.
- Following established change management practices by ensuring that they are well tested and are rolled out in a manner that adheres to established business processes.
- Deploy and support of BCM strategies for Site Recovery Management
Qualifications for the Mobile Channel Support Job
- A University Degree in Computer Studies, Computer/Information Science or any IT related discipline.
- At least 2-years’ working experience is channel support or business support operations role
- At least 1-year’ working experience supporting a mobile money system or banking systems
- Professional IT qualifications in one or more of the following: Networks, Databases, Systems Support, Security would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Database management systems, solutions and administration would be an added advantage
- CCNA, ITIL certification would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Mobile Money Systems would be an added advantage
- A good grasp of emerging channel technologies and applications and convergence of mobile and internet channels
How to Apply
The above positions are demanding roles for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidates. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Monday 16th July, 2018
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable