Engineering Technician (Mechanical) Job at Kenya Ferry Services
Grade FM VI Post Ref: 2000- 34/40/41/42/2018
Reporting to the Senior Engineering Technician (Mechanical), the Engineering Technician (Mechanical) will be responsible for co-ordinating routine, corrective and preventive maintenance of vessels and equipment onboard ferries.
- Prepare defects list for vessels’ dry docking;
- Prepare and submit daily and monthly vessel maintenance reports;
- Overhaul engines, propellers, pumps, power generating sets, and other equipment;
- Initiate safety procedures onboard a vessel in case of emergency and;
- Initiate development of procurement plans for the mechanical section in the engineering department.
- A minimum of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or related field from a recognized institution;
- Standard Training for Certification and Watch keeping (STCW);
- Marine Equipment Specialist Certificate, will be an added advantage;
- Must have a minimum of (nine) 9 years relevant working experience preferably in marine transport industry; and
- Demonstrable experience in technical skills, ability to write, analyze and communicate technical reports.
How To Apply
Applications, accompanied by a detailed CV containing academic qualifications, professional qualifications, work experience, current and expected remuneration, email addresses, day telephone contacts as well as copies of relevant certificates, testimonials, national identification card, are invited from persons qualified for the positions described above. The applicants should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of at least three professional referees who are knowledgeable about their competence and area of specialization.
Applications by qualified and suitable applicants for the position should be sent to the undersigned to be received on or before 14th December, 2018
The Managing Director,
Kenya Ferry Services Limited,
Gaza Road, Off Mwinyi Babu Road – Peleleza
P.O. Box 96242 – 80110,
The reference number and title of the position applied for MUST be clearly indicated on the ENVELOPE.
Kenya Ferry Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity within the organization. Applicants comprising persons living with disabilities (PWDs), those from marginalized areas and women are encouraged to apply.
Terms of Service and Remuneration
All the above positions are challenging and offer attractive and competitive remuneration packages which include basic salary, house allowance, medical cover, leave travel allowance and other benefits in accordance with the Kenya Government Public Service guidelines.