Senior Engineering Technician (Mechanical) Job at Kenya Ferry Service
Grade FM V Post No. 2000- 07/12/2018
Reporting to the Senior Engineer, the Senior Engineering Technician (Mechanical) will be responsible for coordinating routine, corrective and preventive maintenance of vessels and equipment onboard ferries.
- Plan and supervise all mechanical maintenance activities;
- Prepare defects list for vessels’ dry docking;
- Prepare and submit daily and monthly vessel maintenance reports;
- Overhaul engines, propellers, pumps, power generating sets, and other equipment;
- Initiate safety procedures onboard a vessel in case of emergency and;
- Initiate development of procurement plans for the mechanical section in the engineering department.
- A minimum of Higher Technical Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or related field from a recognized institution;
- Be a member of a professional engineering body or its equivalent;
- Possession of Standard Training for Certification and Watch keeping (STCW);
- Possession of Marine Equipment Specialist Certificate will be an added advantage;
- Must have a minimum of twelve (12) years relevant working experience preferably in marine transport industry with at least three (3) years working experience as an Engineering Technician or similar and comparable position; and
- Demonstrable experience in writing, analyzing and communicating complex engineering reports.
How To Apply
Applications, accompanied by a detailed CV containing academic qualifications, professional qualifications, work experience, current and expected remuneration, email addresses, day telephone contacts as well as copies of relevant certificates, testimonials, national identification card, are invited from persons qualified for the positions described above. The applicants should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of at least three professional referees who are knowledgeable about their competence and area of specialization.
Applications by qualified and suitable applicants for the position should be sent to the undersigned to be received on or before 14th December, 2018
The Managing Director,
Kenya Ferry Services Limited,
Gaza Road, Off Mwinyi Babu Road – Peleleza
P.O. Box 96242 – 80110,
The reference number and title of the position applied for MUST be clearly indicated on the ENVELOPE.
Kenya Ferry Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity within the organization. Applicants comprising persons living with disabilities (PWDs), those from marginalized areas and women are encouraged to apply.
Terms of Service and Remuneration
All the above positions are challenging and offer attractive and competitive remuneration packages which include basic salary, house allowance, medical cover, leave travel allowance and other benefits in accordance with the Kenya Government Public Service guidelines.