Assistant Operations Officer at Kenya Ferry Services
Grade FMVI: Post Ref: 1000/38/39/42/2018
Reporting to the Senior Operations Officer, the Assistant Operations Officer will be responsible for allocating duties to operational staff and oversee smooth running of operations.
- Coordinate movement and availability of ferries as per operational schedule;
- Consolidate traffic sheets and pre-sea checks for records taking and ferry performance;
- Monitor flow of traffic to ensure safe service;
- Ensure operational staff are equipped with necessary working equipment;
- Ensure staff availability as per rota; and
- Ensure staff performs their duties as assigned.
- A minimum of Diploma in Management or Social Science from a recognized institution;
- Standard Training for Certification and Watch keeping (STCW);
- Seafarers (ITF) will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 3 years relevant working experience preferably in marine transport industry; and
- Ability to write complex reports
- Organizational Skills
How To Apply
Applications, accompanied by a detailed CV containing academic qualifications, professional qualifications, work experience, current and expected remuneration, email addresses, day telephone contacts as well as copies of relevant certificates, testimonials, national identification card, are invited from persons qualified for the positions described above. The applicants should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of at least three professional referees who are knowledgeable about their competence and area of specialization.
Applications by qualified and suitable applicants for the position should be sent to the undersigned to be received on or before 14th December, 2018
The Managing Director,
Kenya Ferry Services Limited,
Gaza Road, Off Mwinyi Babu Road – Peleleza
P.O. Box 96242 – 80110,
The reference number and title of the position applied for MUST be clearly indicated on the ENVELOPE.
Kenya Ferry Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity within the organization. Applicants comprising persons living with disabilities (PWDs), those from marginalized areas and women are encouraged to apply.
Terms of Service and Remuneration
All the above positions are challenging and offer attractive and competitive remuneration packages which include basic salary, house allowance, medical cover, leave travel allowance and other benefits in accordance with the Kenya Government Public Service guidelines.