Security Assistant II Job at Kenya Ferry Services
Grade FU2- Post Ref:8000-17/18/2018
The Security Assistant will be reporting to the Security Officer and will be responsible for overseeing efficiency of day to day security activities within the Kenya ferry area as a whole.
- spearhead security operations within the area of operation sanctioned by the senior security officer in consultation with the National Police service officer
- Continuously gather information and intelligence with security bearing and share the same with the security office.
- Carry out investigations of security incidences within the institution and present findings to the relevant office for action
- Conduct regular briefing sessions to outsourced security personnel on processes, procedures and other pertinent issues for purposes of improving service delivery
- Ensure proper utilisation of security infrastructure including security equipment and conducting regular checks to ensure equipment and other infrastructure is in good working condition and appropriate report to relevant office for intervention in case of problems
- Conduct spot checks on deployment of outsourced security personnel for compliance with contract agreement, make reports out of the findings and forward the same to relevant office
- Check and confirm records kept by security guards to ensure they are kept according to the required standards and make report on the same;
- Check daily attendance and deployment schedule of security guards and any other security personnel and filing of records as required
- Inform and advice security officer on any security related matter that may be of importance to the company;
- A minimum of Diploma in Security Management
- Must have actively served with the National Police Service, KDF or NYS as an NCO
- Standard Training for Certification and Watch keeping (STCW) will be an added advantage
- At least 1 year relevant working experience.
- Must be Computer Literate
- Have Analytical Skills
- Ability to write complex reports
- Must possess High integrity level
- Must have Communication skills
- Must have interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
How To Apply
Applications, accompanied by a detailed CV containing academic qualifications, professional qualifications, work experience, current and expected remuneration, email addresses, day telephone contacts as well as copies of relevant certificates, testimonials, national identification card, are invited from persons qualified for the positions described above. The applicants should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of at least three professional referees who are knowledgeable about their competence and area of specialization.
Applications by qualified and suitable applicants for the position should be sent to the undersigned to be received on or before 14th December, 2018
The Managing Director,
Kenya Ferry Services Limited,
Gaza Road, Off Mwinyi Babu Road – Peleleza
P.O. Box 96242 – 80110,
The reference number and title of the position applied for MUST be clearly indicated on the ENVELOPE.
Kenya Ferry Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity within the organization. Applicants comprising persons living with disabilities (PWDs), those from marginalized areas and women are encouraged to apply.
Terms of Service and Remuneration
All the above positions are challenging and offer attractive and competitive remuneration packages which include basic salary, house allowance, medical cover, leave travel allowance and other benefits in accordance with the Kenya Government Public Service guidelines.