Principal Accountant (Credit Controller) Job at Kenya School of Government
The Kenya School of Government (KSG) is a State Corporation established under the Kenya School of Government Act (No. 9 of 2012).
The mandate of the School is to provide learning and development programs that enhance skills and competencies in the public service; conduct research; and offer consultancy services to inform policy. KSG has six campuses namely Baringo, Embu, Matuga, Mombasa, Nairobi and eLDi. The School plans to recruit highly qualified and competent Kenyan citizens to fill various vacant positions in the Academic and Administration divisions.
- Set up the terms and conditions of the receivable and payable balances
- Deal with queries about payments, ensuring customers pay on time and negotiating re-payment plans
- Set up credit control system
- Ensure that debts are paid in a timely manner
- Maintain accurate records of all customers
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtedness
- Ensure that all transactions are compliant with KSG policies
- Handle disputed bills and negotiate to bring payment within the agreed terms
- Provide ad-hoc reporting as and when requested by management
- Undertake account reconciliations as required
- Satisfactory performance at Senior Accountant grade or its equivalent for at least three (3) years
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (Accounting); Business Administration(Finance); Science in Finance; Science in Accounting or equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (Accounting); Business Administration(Finance); Science in Finance; Science in Accounting or equivalent from a recognized institution
- Part II of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA); Part II of the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA); or equivalent from a recognized institution
- Competency with ERP System
- Evidence of management course attended at a recognized institution lasting at least four (4) weeks
- Valid certificate of good conduct
- Proficiency in computer skills
- Good interpersonal skills
How to Apply
If you believe your qualifications and career objectives match the above role, please submit your application, including a detailed CV; stating your current position, email address, telephone contacts and the advertisement reference number so as to reach us on or before January 4, 2019 using the addressed below. Minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
The Director General
Kenya School of Government Council
P.O. Box 23030-00604