Senior Human Resource Management Officer Job at Kenya School of Government
The Kenya School of Government (KSG) is a State Corporation established under the Kenya School of Government Act (No. 9 of 2012).
The mandate of the School is to provide learning and development programs that enhance skills and competencies in the public service; conduct research; and offer consultancy services to inform policy. KSG has six campuses namely Baringo, Embu, Matuga, Mombasa, Nairobi and eLDi. The School plans to recruit highly qualified and competent Kenyan citizens to fill various vacant positions in the Academic and Administration divisions.
- Compile information relating to recruitment, appointments, promotions, transfers and human resource management information systems
- Implement human resource management decisions within existing rules, regulations and procedures
- Process cases for the Staff Advisory and Training Committees and implement decisions thereof
- Carry out training needs assessment
- Undertake evaluation of training programmes
- Update and maintain human resource management and development records
- Manage human resource information system
- Analyze Human Resource Management issues and propose appropriate action
- Interpret human resource regulations in regard to pensions, salary administration and labor laws
- Analyze staffing levels and make proposals for succession planning
- Satisfactory performance at Human Resource Management Officer I grade or its equivalent for at least three (3) years
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent; Manpower Studies or equivalent from a recognized institution or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Sociology, Business Administration, Public Administration, Commerce with Post graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management or equivalent or Certified Public Secretaries Examination Part III or equivalent from a recognized institution
- Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) Level II and III will be an added advantage
- Evidence of management course attended at a recognized institution lasting at least four (4) weeks
- Proficiency in Computer skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Valid certificate of good conduct
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
How to Apply
If you believe your qualifications and career objectives match the above role, please submit your application, including a detailed CV; stating your current position, email address, telephone contacts and the advertisement reference number so as to reach us on or before January 4, 2019 using the addressed below. Minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
The Director General
Kenya School of Government Council
P.O. Box 23030-00604