Senior Research Fellow Job at Kenya School of Government
The Kenya School of Government (KSG) is a State Corporation established under the Kenya School of Government Act (No. 9 of 2012).
The mandate of the School is to provide learning and development programs that enhance skills and competencies in the public service; conduct research; and offer consultancy services to inform policy. KSG has six campuses namely Baringo, Embu, Matuga, Mombasa, Nairobi and eLDi. The School plans to recruit highly qualified and competent Kenyan citizens to fill various vacant positions in the Academic and Administration divisions.
- Preparation of research proposal
- Preparation of proposals for research grants
- Data collection, codification and analysis
- Dissemination of research output
- Provide technical support to faculty
- Preparation of research reports including publications
- Preparation of course materials
- Participate in delivery of training
- Coordination of courses and programs
- Preparation of research proposals and consultancy bids,
- Supervision of research students
- Identification of public sector issues for policy research,
- Presentation of scholarly papers in conferences and symposia
- Establish linkages with public and private sector stakeholders
- Establish networks of collaboration in training and research
- Satisfactory performance at Research Fellow II for at least three (3) years
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised university in relevant field
- Master’s Degree from a recognised university in relevant field
- Ability to carry out research and consultancy assignments
- Ability to carry out quantitative and qualitative analysis using appropriate computer software
- Evidence of previous participation in research and consultancy work
- At least one (1) publication in a refereed journal or one book chapter 6
- Be a member of a recognized relevant professional body where applicable
- Evidence of management course attended at a recognized institution lasting at least four (4) weeks
- Be a member of a recognized and relevant professional body in good standing
- A valid certificate of good conduct
- Good interpersonal skills
How to Apply
If you believe your qualifications and career objectives match the above role, please submit your application, including a detailed CV; stating your current position, email address, telephone contacts and the advertisement reference number so as to reach us on or before January 4, 2019 using the addressed below. Minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
The Director General
Kenya School of Government Council
P.O. Box 23030-00604