Assistant Planner Job at Kilifi County
Job Group ‘K’
Terms of Service: Permanent
Salary Scale: 34,260 – 44,750 p.m.
Other Allowances are as issued by SRC from time to time
Assistant Planner Job Responsibilities
- Drawing/digitizing Local, County and Regional Physical Development Plans
- Collecting and analyzing geographical data for plan preparation
- Vetting and verifying Physical Development Plans
- Inspecting sites, identifying site characteristics and establishing site suitability for proposed development
- Cataloging and maintaining plan records and
- Converting analogue data to digital format using Geographical Information System (GIS).
Requirement for the Assistant Planner Job
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have
- Diploma/Higher Diploma in any of the following areas: Urban and Regional Planning, Regional Planning, Urban Planning, Building, Civil Engineering, Cartography, Geo-informatics, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) from a recognized institution Associate Members of Kenya Institute of Planners or Architectural Association of Kenya (Town Planning Chapter)Certificate in Computer application skills from a recognized institution;
- Six years relevant work experience
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
For candidates to meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, all applicants must obtain the following:
- Tax compliance certificate from KRA
- Clearance certificate from HELB
- Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Certificate of good conduct
- Credit Reference Bureau clearance
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria MUST use the Application for Employment Form (KCPSB 001) and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates and testimonials. The form can either be;
Obtained from the Kilifi County Public Service Board Offices OR
Downloaded from the Kilifi County website
Deliver the form to the Office of the Secretary; County Public Service Board at the Kilifi Complex Centre, Tuskys Building 2nd Floor
Address it to;-
THE SECRETARY, COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
KILIFI COUNTY GOVERNMENT
P.O BOX 491-80108
All applications in hard copy stating the post applied for should be received not later than 5.00pm on 4th day of July, 2018.
Kilifi County is an equal opportunity employer hence encourages women and physically challenged persons to apply.