GIS Expert Job at Kilifi County
Job Group: L
Terms of Service: Permanent
Salary Scale: 39,110 – 49,180 p.m.
Other Allowances are as issued by SRC from time to time
GIS Expert Job Responsibilities
- Developing GIS policies and procedures
- Developing County-wide GIS implementation plan
- Supervising GIS staff and managing GIS resources in the County
- Coordinating the establishment and management of Geo-Spatial Information System database on key indicators of development in the County
- Establishing geo-addressing codes and facilitate the mapping of resources in the County
- Coordinate the utilization of GIS platform to prioritize resources in the County
- Leading and coordinating GIS activities with both user departments and external organizations
Requirement for the GIS Expert Job
- Bachelors degree in Geographic Information Systems or equivalent from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Acquired GIS certification from the relevant professional body.
- Five years relevant experience
For candidates to meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, all applicants must obtain the following:
- Tax compliance certificate from KRA
- Clearance certificate from HELB
- Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Certificate of good conduct
- Credit Reference Bureau clearance
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria MUST use the Application for Employment Form (KCPSB 001) and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates and testimonials. The form can either be;
Obtained from the Kilifi County Public Service Board Offices OR
Downloaded from the Kilifi County website
Deliver the form to the Office of the Secretary; County Public Service Board at the Kilifi Complex Centre, Tuskys Building 2nd Floor
Address it to;-
THE SECRETARY, COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
KILIFI COUNTY GOVERNMENT
P.O BOX 491-80108
All applications in hard copy stating the post applied for should be received not later than 5.00pm on 4th day of July, 2018.
Kilifi County is an equal opportunity employer hence encourages women and physically challenged persons to apply.