Kiswahili Teacher Job at Mpesa Foundation Academy
Mpesa Foundation Academy seeks to recruit teaching faculty who have depth of knowledge of Kiswahili subject.
Teachers support, observe and record the progress of their class. They also plan lessons in line with national 8-4-4 curriculum, with the aim of ensuring a healthy culture of learning.
Key responsibilities for the Kiswahili Teacher Job
- Ability to prepare and deliver Schemes of work, Lesson plans and Lesson notes based on current curriculum and syllabi,
- Records of Work, Teaching/learning aids, assess learners.
- Administer Examinations on time as per the academic calendar to gauge the learners andProvide feedback to learners in good time and prepare and maintain learners’ progress records.
- Individualized Education Programs
- Ability to manage teaching time through; punctual and consistent class attendance, observanceof the school time table and Attendance of other school activities and sta meetings
- Ability to; Improvise and use locally available resources for e ective teaching and learningoutcomes. By Integrating technology in teaching and learning process
- Manage student behaviour in the classroom and on school premises;
- Undertake counselling duties and supporting pupils on an individual basis through academicor personal diffculties;
- Promote, organize and guide Co-curricular and life skills activities to learners to enable themrealize/nurture unique talents and develop them to their full potentials
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships / communication with educationalists,parents/guardians, Local communities.
- To undertake any other additional tasks as maybe reasonably required by the senior teacher orDirector teaching and learningKey Performance Indicators
- Timely syllabus coverage.
- Punctuality in reporting to duty and Lesson attendance
- Teacher presence, Lesson taught/ missed, records of lessons recovered, records of remediallessons, sta meeting attendance
- Evidence of use of ICT integration in teaching and learning in order to improve knowledge
- Records of learner’s discipline cases and interventions.
- Evidence of parental involvement in learner discipline
- Evidence of involvement in community based activities
Kiswahili Teacher Job Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Education or BSc/BA with PGDE; with 5 years of experience in a comparable institution;
- MUST be TSC registered;
- MUST have taught a national examination class/prepared a class for national examination;
- Ability to facilitate co-curricular activities and sports;
- Ability to foster a supportive environment for learners and educators to realize their full potential and willingness to work collaboratively;
- Professionalism and excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- A champion of child safeguarding and protection as per ministry guidelines
How to Apply
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday 17th August 2018, stating clearly on the email subject line and on your application letter reference line, which teaching role you are applying for. Please note: Only soft copy/email applications to the address provided will be accepted. No hard copy applications will be accepted or received by Virtual HR Services.
Kindly include in your application copies of your academic and professional certicates, testimonials, certicate of good conduct, and detailed CV stating your remuneration, contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) professional referees.