Regional Accounts Clerks Job at Kenya National Commission on Human Rights
Since 2015, the Kenya National Commission on Human Rights (KNCHR) received and documented complaints from individuals and groups in the larger Taita Taveta County in relation to mining activities and alleged violation of human rights. In order to fully understand and ascertain the nature and extent of the complaints arising out of the mining activities in the County, the Commission deployed several investigative missions as a first step to address the issues and concerns that had been brought to the attention of the Commission
The KNCHR invites applications from young, versatile, industrious, honest, self-driven, analytical, open-minded, readily available candidates to urgently fill the following positions.
REF: KNCHR/ADM/HRO/15/2018- (3)-Open
Reports to: Regional Coordinator.
Duty Station: Kisumu (1), Laikipia/Nyahururu (1) and Mombasa (1) with occasional travel.
Duration: Permanent and Pensionable.
Grade: KNCHR 8
Gross Salary: Kshs. 49,193
Regional Accounts Clerks Job Responsibilities
- Preparation of books of accounts, carrying out bank reconciliation, monitoring regional budgetary expenditure and making timely payment for services and goods provided to the regional office.
- Monitor store supplies to determine stationery and other material needs, take inventory of office consumption to be able to project future requisition needs and report on these in good time.
- Draft quarterly budgets forecast for regional office and account for expenses using store inventory reports to keep accountable for office procurements and spending in operational tools.
- Ensure proper tracking of the regional office bank account and report on balances and deficits on a regular basis to account for funds spent through the maintenance of the cash office book, reconciliation of cash at hand and ban records, managing petty cash and imprest.
- Liaise with suppliers of goods and services. Receive invoices, prepare payment vouchers, seek authority before cheque writing to keep track of accountabilities and make timely payments for goods and services utilized for the operations of the regional office.
- Records management for all of the regional office documents to ease retrieval and ensure information security for the protection of client cases and confidentiality.
Qualifications for the Regional Accounts Clerks Job
- Diploma in Business Administration or Business Management or an equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Part I of Certified Public Accountant (C.P.A) (K) or Association Of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- 1 year of service in a comparable position from a reputable organization
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent IT skills, with working knowledge for the various packages.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
How to Apply
For more information about the programmes/departments, visit the KNCHR website www.knchr.org
If you possess or meet the above qualifications, send your application letter together with a detailed CV indicating the department/programme you are applying to, names and telephone contacts of three referees, to reach us by 24th July, 2018.
The Commission Secretary,
Kenya National Commission on Human Rights,
Lenana Road, CVS Plaza, 1st Floor,
P. O. Box 74359 – 00200,