Driver Job at Kenya National Examinations Council
The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) is a state corporation established through an Act of Parliament (CAP 225A, Laws of Kenya) repealed by the Kenya National Examinations Council Act no. 29 of 2012, to conduct School and Post School Examinations within Kenya as it may consider desirable in the public interest and to award certificates and diplomas to successful candidates in such examinations. The Council is seeking to recruit experienced, results oriented individual with excellent leadership and technical skills, team players, innovative and highly motivated individuals who are able to work in a high pressure environment.
Driver III : Knec Ec Scale 4 (5 Posts)
The officer will report to the Transport Officer within General Administration Division;
Requirements for Appointment
- KCSE minimum mean grade D (plain) or its equivalent;
- Current driving licence free from current endorsements and valid for all the classes of vehicles, which the candidate is required to drive;
- Must have passed Occupational Test Grade III for Drivers with at least four (4) years previous satisfactory driving experience after obtaining the driving licence;
- Accident-free record within the last four (4) years;
- First-Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week at St. John Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highways and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized institution;
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct from Kenya Police Service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out routine checks on the vehicles cooling and oiling systems, electrical system, tyre pressure and brakes
- Detect and report malfunctioning of vehicle systems and take good care of the fuel card
- Maintain the work tickets for vehicles assigned and drive the vehicle as authorized;
- Take initiative for security and safety for the vehicle on and off the road and safety of the passengers and/or goods therein
- Routine driving duties, detect and report any malfunctions of the vehicle systems;
- Keep and process motor vehicle documents and maintenance;
- Ability to portray and uphold positive national image and work in a multi-cultural and Multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Being visionary and result oriented;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines;
- Firm, fair and transparent management style.
How to Apply
Shortlisted candidates must meet the provisions of Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution.
In this regard, the candidates should obtain clearance certificates from:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Criminal Investigation Department;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Credit Reference Bureau.
Terms Of Offer
The Council will offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with seniority and responsibilities of the position.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications enclosing certified copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed curriculum vitae giving details of telephone contact, e-mail addresses, current remuneration (enclose copy of latest pay slip), names and valid current contacts of three referees on or before 5th March, 2018 to:
The Chief Executive Officer
The Kenya National Examinations Council
P. O. Box 73598 – 00200 NAIROBI
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
KNEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and People Living with Disability and female candidates are encouraged to apply. For more details log into KNEC website www.knec.ac.ke