Principal Internal Auditor Job at Kenya School of Government
The Kenya School of Government (KSG) is a State Corporation established under the Kenya School of Government Act (No. 9 of 2012).
The mandate of the School is to provide learning and development programs that enhance skills and competencies in the public service; conduct research; and offer consultancy services to inform policy. KSG has six campuses namely Baringo, Embu, Matuga, Mombasa, Nairobi and eLDi. The School plans to recruit highly qualified and competent Kenyan citizens to fill various vacant positions in the Academic and Administration divisions.
- Assess compliance with Acts, regulations and Guides
- Undertake special audit investigations
- Prepare audit operational plans
- Implement audit fieldwork strategy
- develop Risk Based Annual audit plans with the Scope, nature and timing of audit activities
- Undertake spot – checks
- Conduct post audit reviews
- Carry out risk assessment and develop management Guides
- Carry out audit follow-ups on implementation of recommendations
- Review Draft audit reports
- Preparation of the timely quarterly reports to the Audit and Risk Management Committee
- Review and assess operational, financial and management systems, policies, and Guides and recommend improvements; and
- Coach and mentor Internal Audit Staff working under him/her
- Satisfactory performance at Senior Internal Auditor grade or its equivalent for at least three (3) years
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (Finance); Business Administration (Accounting); Masters of Science in Finance or equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting option), Commerce (Finance option), Business Administration (Accounting option) or equivalent from a recognized institution
- Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or Part III of the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or equivalent from a recognized institution
- from a recognized institution
- Certified Internal Auditor (C.I.A)
- Certified Information System Auditors (C.I.S.A)
- Registration with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and in good standing
- Evidence of management course attended at a recognized institution lasting at least four (4) weeks
- Proficiency in computer skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Valid certificate of good conduct
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
How to Apply
If you believe your qualifications and career objectives match the above role, please submit your application, including a detailed CV; stating your current position, email address, telephone contacts and the advertisement reference number so as to reach us on or before January 4, 2019 using the addressed below. Minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
The Director General
Kenya School of Government Council
P.O. Box 23030-00604