Technical Sales Representative Job at Kenya Tea Development Agency – 1 Position
Reporting to the General Manager-TEMEC, the successful candidate will be responsible for marketing and selling TEMEC’s products and services through relationship building and interaction with clients.
- Expanding market awareness of our products by communicating features and benefits of our products and services effectively;
- Closing and growing sales through professional communication with existing and potential clients;
- Visiting clients, establishing their requirements and offering products/services that will address their needs;
- Identifying and resolving client concerns; recommending a course of action to alleviate these concerns in the future;
- Maintaining records of customer communications and contact information as required;
- Preparing responses to RFQ (request for quotation) , RFP (request for proposals) and RFI (request for information)
- Maintaining awareness of pertinent client information, future plans, payment performance; communicate any client information that may affect company decisions to appropriate departments as needed;
- Maintaining knowledge of competitor products and identify and report intelligence on competitor pricing or marketing strategies;
- Submitting a variety of sales status reports as required, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals;
- Submitting quarterly customer visit plans; schedule client meetings and action plans for follow-up.
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications and competencies
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Higher National Diploma in Sales and Marketing;
- Technical knowledge in Engineering will be an added advantage;
- A minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience;
- Strong selling and negotiating skills;
- Presentation skills;
- Must demonstrate high integrity and ethical practice;
How to apply
Apply online at the recruitment portal here ktdateas.com/recruitment not later than 21st December 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.